Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Reproduction K98k LSR

Gew88, Gew98, Kar98 etc.
Miller Tyme
United States of America

Reproduction K98k LSR

#1 Post by Miller Tyme » Wed May 15, 2019 2:32 pm

picked this up a few weeks ago, it's a reproduction 1945 bcd K98k LSR sniper. I had a buddy tip me off to this one and it was built buy
Charlie Romero who is pretty well known for producing some very nice reproduction K98 snipers.
1 (2).png
2 (2).png
3 (2).png
7 (2).png
9 (2).png

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Reproduction K98k LSR

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 pm

I take it it was an RC converted to a reproduction sniper which would be great as a shooter. So here is a newbee question. What does a reproduction K98k with I assume a repro scope, cost at a gun shop or show. About the sme as a Mosin reproduction? What is fair market value? Since the rifle is modified, I assume its not worth the value of an intact RC . So is it around the value of an average RC, plus the value of a scope? It would be nice just for a shooter, but what does such a non original put together run? Ball park range???????
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Miller Tyme
United States of America

#3 Post by Miller Tyme » Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am

72 usmc wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 pm
I take it it was an RC converted to a reproduction sniper which would be great as a shooter. So here is a newbee question. What does a reproduction K98k with I assume a repro scope, cost at a gun shop or show. About the sme as a Mosin reproduction? What is fair market value? Since the rifle is modified, I assume its not worth the value of an intact RC . So is it around the value of an average RC, plus the value of a scope? It would be nice just for a shooter, but what does such a non original put together run? Ball park range???????
I guess that all depends on how "correct" you want your reproduction sniper to be sir, low end cost of the parts alone, assuming reproduction mount and scope would be between $1100.00 to 1200.00 imho, and then it depends on how correct you want to make it, me I am correct enough to satisfy my needs right now, but I may upgrade my scope in the future as I have several friends that have had mixed results with the RSM reproduction ZF39 scopes.

The nice thing about this reproduction is being able to shoot it without worrying about doing harm to an expensive collector piece. I have a nice as issued Remington 03a4/M73b1 that I love but won't shoot for fear of damaging so I bought a Gibbs 03a4 to shoot and have zero worries about.

DaleH
United States of America

#4 Post by DaleH » Thu May 16, 2019 6:47 pm

Love it, nice pickup!

damorealan696
United States of America

#5 Post by damorealan696 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:52 pm

NO EXPERT . I just got done putting an S and K Insta receiver mount and scope on a 99% Yugo
M 48 . Almost as pretty as this one

Return to “German Rifles”