Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Military Surplus k98ks commonly found at gun shows

Gew88, Gew98, Kar98 etc.
72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Military Surplus k98ks commonly found at gun shows

#166 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:18 am

After watching the Classic unboxing video of these rifles....
https://www.classicfirearms.com/k98-cze ... =1&slide=0
These are from an Ethiopian source all with the Saint George, circular, stamped medallion/cartouche on the right side of the stock. All are early 1945 dated rifles. Some have nice rack numbers. These two guys are a joke- no mention of the two most important factors.

I could see that one rifle has a matching bolt. (shown below) It is funny that there is no mention of matching bolts or bore conditions. I saw no cosmo, so it would not have been too hard to gauge the bore and matching specimens like Classic did to the RC's that they sold many years ago. Each rifle was described individually and had different prices. Back with the original owners of Classic, around 2004, the Russian capture K98ks came out with about 25--40 each week, all were individually described in detail with a variety of prices depending on what you get. A much better way to sell these firearms than a "luck of the draw" and at $700... BITE ME. For a matching bolt, good bore with wear, uncracked stock, and clear medallion in "as found" condition: $700 is fair. However, anything less is suckers bait... Ya, a little harsh, but how many are in good condition? And did they send off the best to be destroyed by JRA into historical travesties and keep the dogs to ship out to the suckers? I wonder? Why not be honest and list a valid description for each rifle so one knows what they are buying at $700. Is that too much to ask?
These are some photo grabs from the video:
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 7.55.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 7.56.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 7.58.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 8.01.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 8.01.57 AM.png (106.78 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 8.03.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 8.03.39 AM.png (127.2 KiB) Viewed 408 times
The rifle shows serial number 3046 on a receiver and the bolt---how many match is not known or even mentioned. I assume the best were selected to go to JRA for a Mitchell-like Turd conversion;
A view of what not to do to a historical piece:
https://www.classicfirearms.com/k98-cze ... =1&slide=0

I guess I need to take my Luger with papers and have it re-blued to increase its value :roll: :lol: :snooty: :snooty:
Last edited by 72 usmc on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#167 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:16 pm

A few more views of these Czech Ethiopian K98ks from Classic's video (dot,swp, dou) 1945 production;
The import mark is on the barrel. Who's we do not know. Someone buy one and post pictures of it and the details.
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.03.53 AM.png
Rack numbers on some rifles
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.06.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.07.24 AM.png
Receiver views and condition as out of the crate.
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.05.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.12.24 AM.png
Some believe these to be possible old SAMCO stock that was Ethiopian surplus from the old Samco auction. There were ads in the 1995 and 1996 Surplus Firearms magazine. These: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=108
I seem to recall seeing these Mausers in Samco's print ads, back when I was receiving them in the late 1990s and early 2000s. If my memory is right, they had several grades available. They ranged from nearly unissued, to kind of beat up. I think they also had some barrelled actions, as well. I was then--and still am--collecting mostly for the national crests. So these, as well as most other K98 types, didn't fit.
Last edited by 72 usmc on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#168 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:00 pm

CZECH DOT 1945 MAUSER - Inter Ordnance

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 3.58.47 PM.png
Interordnance 's description:

https://www.interordnance.com/p/czech-dot-1945-mauser
CZECH DOT 1945 MAUSER

$0.00
QTY
Out of stock
Add to Cart Not Available
CZECH DOT 1945 MAUSER

* About the Grading -The rifles have dents, dings, scrapes, gouges, discoloration and possible small cracks in the stocks. You can also expect anywhere from minimal bluing wear to a lot of bluing wear, and we have even seen some surface rust on a few. We have not seen any rust that would not clean up well. We do offer a hand select for cosmetics that will offer you one of the nicer looking ones if that is your desire but please know that even a hand select is not going to be gorgeous.... just one of the better ones in the group.

Now for the good news, as we said before these rifles have been stored intact in a military depot for quite some time. As such, they are as close to true military turn in Mauser rifles as I have ever seen. By that I mean that they do not appear to be parted together " Frankenstein " guns. Also know, that while we do not guarantee for matching numbers we have seen some that do match. In addition to that, these are very consistent in color and as a group have a certain uniformity about them that makes them appear to be true military turn in's which I am certain that they are. As a matter of fact, in that manner they are very similar to our Chinese military turn in SKS rifles.

We do not warranty for cosmetic's as we have tried to be as honest as possible in describing these rifles. As such, if the possibility of receiving a rifle that is less than a beauty queen is a deal breaker, then don't order one. However, we do warranty them for function and we think that they are a tremendous value as they are as close to military turn-in's as we have ever seen for long stored Mauser's.

Don't let my overly honest description of the rifles fool you. We always try to allow for the lower end in the bunch when describing our surplus because let's face it, someone is going to get the ugliest one there. Having said that, these rifles have not been as readily available in the U.S. marketplace for several years now and we are proud to be able to offer them at what we think is a fantastic price. Get yours today.

No Mauser collection is complete without the addition of one of these rare Banner rifles. .... Don't Miss This.......C & R Eligible

Important - As noted above these are arsenal turn in rifles and while we have done a dry function test here before shipping, the rifles have not had the bores cleaned nor have they been checked by a gunsmith. As with all surplus firearms the rifle should be thoroughly cleaned before firing. Also, please be sure that the bore is clear and unobstructed. Finally, a good rule of thumb with any surplus is to have your local gunsmith do a safety check before attempting to fire.

C&R OR FFL REQUIRED
lhl0dzzopl9xxoivvbfw.jpg
piry3qurfdxrudiw3naz.jpg
uippcn1znxtmia0p14hz.jpg
xkleikcb6n7zvpavpnoz.jpg
Last edited by 72 usmc on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#169 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Inter Ordnance TGF 1950 CZECH MAUSERs 98

Also out of stock. I am not sure if these are coming in or are already sold out at Inter ordnance? :shifty:
TGF 1950 CZECH MAUSER 98

FOR PRICING AND AVAILABILITY PLEASE EMAIL SALES@IOINC.US

A super rare Czech made Mauser K.98 (TGF/Tschechische Gewehr Fabrik) made for the East German Border Guard. This Model K.98 carbine features the tgf code on top of the receiver. Only an extreme small quantity is available. The condition is fair. Please take a look at the pictures. We do have rifles with matching serial #. We also have rifles with different barrel bands. Please see a video on these guns at forgottenweapons.com.

* About the Grading -The rifles have dents, dings, scrapes, gouges, discoloration and possible small cracks in the stocks. You can also expect anywhere from minimal bluing wear to a lot of bluing wear, and we have even seen some surface rust on a few. We have not seen any rust that would not clean up well. We do offer a hand select for cosmetics that will offer you one of the nicer looking ones if that is your desire but please know that even a hand select is not going to be gorgeous.... just one of the better ones in the group.

Now for the good news, as we said before these rifles have been stored intact in a military depot for quite some time. As such, they are as close to true military turn in Mauser rifles as I have ever seen. By that I mean that they do not appear to be parted together " Frankenstein " guns. Also know, that while we do not guarantee for matching numbers we have seen some that do match. In addition to that, these are very consistent in color and as a group have a certain uniformity about them that makes them appear to be true military turn in's which I am certain that they are. As a matter of fact, in that manner they are very similar to our Chinese military turn in SKS rifles.

We do not warranty for cosmetic's as we have tried to be as honest as possible in describing these rifles. As such, if the possibility of receiving a rifle that is less than a beauty queen is a deal breaker, then don't order one. However, we do warranty them for function and we think that they are a tremendous value as they are as close to military turn-in's as we have ever seen for long stored Mauser's.

Don't let my overly honest description of the rifles fool you. We always try to allow for the lower end in the bunch when describing our surplus because let's face it, someone is going to get the ugliest one there. Having said that, these rifles have not been as readily available in the U.S. marketplace for several years now and we are proud to be able to offer them at what we think is a fantastic price. Get yours today.

No Mauser collection is complete without the addition of one of these rare Banner rifles. .... Don't Miss This.......C & R Eligible

Important - As noted above these are arsenal turn in rifles and while we have done a dry function test here before shipping, the rifles have not had the bores cleaned nor have they been checked by a gunsmith. As with all surplus firearms the rifle should be thoroughly cleaned before firing. Also, please be sure that the bore is clear and unobstructed. Finally, a good rule of thumb with any surplus is to have your local gunsmith do a safety check before attempting to fire.

C&R OR FFL REQUIRED
pjaensrnwt6gn9ypclck.jpg
pjaensrnwt6gn9ypclck.jpg (28.43 KiB) Viewed 367 times
u8zjwr4zy8y1243jfdor.jpg
v87gh5jarmi9qdnhgyxi.jpg

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#170 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:36 pm

I wonder if these are the rifles in this SAMCO pallet at the auction? NO.
This was a much earlier group not associated with these African imports. New information is coming out....

11 Feb 2020 Added information. These are another huge cache obtained in Africa by IO. It took IO eight years to get all the chickens in alinement so they could arrive in the US. And guess what, IO sold a good number of the first batch to Sweaty Ben at Classic so the price can be jacked up, and Classic can destroy historical treasures by sending some to James River Arsenal to referbish them into Mitchell-like Turds. Ya, lets REBLUE them to increase their value. :roll: :evil: The better part is IO kept some of the best, more batches are still arriving, and these should be for sale in the future. This is like the IMA Napal cache. Lets hope a reputable dealer actually gets some to remove the crap shoot factor.
old SAMCO stockroom - actually from the auction when it shut down
IMG_1152_large.JPG
IO picture of the hord imported in 2020, more views are shown in the video interview
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 2.54.57 PM.png
THIS IS A MUST LISTEN TO INTERVIEW by Forgotten Weapons.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Forgotten Weapons Interordanance interview of importation of African weapons:
30 Jan 2020, Interview: Uli Wiegand of InterOrdnance on Importing Guns from Africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5fO14v0tgg

Forgotten Weapons review of the Ethiopian FN Mauser - Czech K98, done today 11 Feb 2020, Arming the Lion of Judah: Ethiopian FN Mauser Rifles & Carbines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LbEyl8v3I

The talk on gun boards about the same rifles (INTERESTING HISTORY & PICTURES):
https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread ... an-Mausers
Also a list of what they imported in this link:
https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread ... an-Mausers

From the above gun boards reference:
Kevinofborg of gun boards show pictures of his second rifle, the first was sent back since as a select, it was not what was expected (DOG). Half of the receiver markings were gone- ya Ben, that is a select :lol: :doh: This is the first rifle shown on a forum that someone actually purchased. post # 54
source is: https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread ... sers/page2
These are Kevin's photos . Go to source for full size photos before they go to thumb nail size. No view of the import mark or mention of the import mark. Most likely a IO mark!
Classics's are all purchases from IO & resold at a huge mark up ??? In all of the views in the video or on line, I would say these rifles appear a wee bit Ruff for $700 + shipping + a select pick, + a possible FFL transfer fee :doh: :animals-dog: :animals-dogrun: :character-grommit:

Let me think, :think: IO kept some of the best as quoted in the interview, and Classic sent some of the better ones they had to be redone by JRA, -- so that leaves the worse in the Classic pile to sell at $700 a pop- now does that sound like sucker's bait to you? Or maybe, I am too harsh ... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
I am going to wait and see if Inter Ordnance (IO) sells any of these as select with individual descriptions & pictures. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Maybe that old goat selecting his rifle in that pile has more common sense than most of Classic's buyers. He certainly is looking at them closely! :clap:
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.53.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.54.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.54.47 AM.png

Return to “German Rifles”