http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Anyone out there can advise of a workable scope mount for the MAS 1936 rifle? TY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:03 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

The one on mine is made by B-Square. Puts the scope a little too close to your eye. So it needs a little work to move the scope forward. Not a big deal. No idea where it came from. It was on the rifle when I bought it. It works real well now I worked it over.

JR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:22 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I just found a scope mount on e-bay thats supposed to be for the Mas 36.

It is listed a a Model #18547 from B-Square.

Just search e-bay under French Mas.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:39 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

That does not look anything like mine. Mine has a pin going through the rear sight and two screws that use pressure against the reciever to hold it down. No holes to drill. Not a real good set up, but it works and holds zero.

JR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:33 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I gots a B-Square on mine. The company makes these mounts for the earlier rear sites. Or was it the later? Can't remember for sure now. The fore and aft ends of the site channel must be open for the correct fit. If the buttstock end is the only open end you need to find a file for the mount. Anyways, I had to do a little filing on mine to get her to fit. It's easy to do as the mount is aluminum. Just a little annoying that they don't make the one most people seem to have. Works good for me. Only scope mount that I know of for the Mas. Would take a pic but sent rifle to Huber Concepts this last Friday so John can develop a trigger for the Mas36. Hope this made some sense.
Steve
[/img]

Post subject: Scope mount for mas 36
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:36 am 

The B Square mount fits on post war Mas 36 (open rear sight base)

In France it is favored to bolt on the left side of the receiver a plate machined to take the scope mount designed for the Mas 49-56.

Scope mounts with a picatinny rail are available for Mas 36 in steel, but they require drilling and tapping of receiver top.

Few B Square mount are used in France as they tend to shake loose (aluminium) too easily.

There is also a civilian version of the Mas 36, the Mas Fournier made by the military Arsenal at Saint Etienne in 1947/50, with the receiver already machined for a specific mount.