http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

#-o #-o #-o So myself and timbutu finally ran into some Berthier long rifles after 5 years of looking- so we grabed the lot. I got three and he got one. Beaters, but the problem on most is that the follower spring (A) and/or the mag door spring (B) is broke or missing. We need two follower springs and two door springs. Since I am new to these, I do not know the part names. :think: :think: :think: All are 5 shoot extension 1907-16 Long Rifle versions and photos of the two springs are shown below. :idea: Both springs are part of the five shot metal extension.
:pray: :pray: :pray: Can some of the French experts please provide the correct part name and possible source to find these two springs. Anyone have a cache of old parts? Two of these rifles will not shoot because of the follower spring (A ) is missing in one and broke in the other. French rifles are very difficult to come by in Wisconsin. No parts at gun shows :cry: We were lucky to get these rifles from an old estate. See photos:
Photos show examples of intact springs

First spring is for the follower. ( A) We really need these to fire rifle with the enblock clip

Second spring is for the door spring (B): Looks very difficult to remove.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 am 

72 USMC, I will look in my hoard and see, but I have to understand what exactly you need. If you need the "Platform" spring, I might have one. They are always missing!! The only cure for the door spring is to replace the whole assembly. I might have one I can spare....Years ago, I bought all the French Parts I could find..so there are boxes here with some of them, but I am running low, having sent out so many to needy collectors--here!! :violin:

Just e mail me thru the Board and I will look in the stuff....

I have your 5 shot en bloc clips, as does GPC...

BTW: I have made the Platform Spring in the past, out of old Mauser Follower Springs...not fun at all!!! (cutting and rolling and trimming and all that!)

Dale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Ah, so you have to replace the entire lower assy??? Bummer. They do have these listed on Numrich gunparts. But that little curved spring in my hand Spring (A) is not listed and we would need two. Three would be better. But two would get both rifles to work. Do you think you have any??? The lower magazine part at Numrich does not have the door, door screw, or that little curved spring??? They must have stripped the lower assy. But must come with the door spring. So the partial lower assy we can get. BUT :thumb: Yes, please vonmazur look to see if that special spring A is in your parts box. . Is this called the platform spring ?? All rifles have the upper and lower springs on the follower assy. BUT both lack spring A that is shown above in my hand. With out this other spring A the enblock clip does not function. Thank you, Can we be that lucky???

vonmazurIs the platform spring the one in my hand?? If yes, we need two? PLEASE ,PLEASE :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:25 am 

OK, I will look tonite and post it later....

Dale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 am 

USMC: I have looked and have no more left...try this site in France http://www.cartry-arme.com/

I do have some housings, but they are beat up and might need some rust blue or whatever...

Dale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:52 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

PM sent

Quote:
BTW: I have made the Platform Spring in the past, out of old Mauser Follower Springs...not fun at all!!! (cutting and rolling and trimming and all that!)

Great tip. I am going to try this and see if I can bend the spring in the shape without cracking :doh: :doh: :doh: unless someone else has some of these platform springs????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:25 am 

USMC: Here is what I just found in the back room.....You can clean them up and use them...The trigger screws are missing, 4 each, but I will install all the parts to make them complete. (I have a lot of loose parts and components for this model...)

If you want a 3 Shot Housing I have some of those as well...

2 Complete Mle 16 Trigger Magazine Housings--somewhat rusty and dirty (These have the Platform Springs in them!)

1 Platform Spring

Just PM or E Mail for details.....

Dale

Attachments:
1BP-2.JPG
1BP-2.JPG [ 76.06 KiB | Viewed 1513 times ]
1BP-1.JPG
1BP-1.JPG [ 80.69 KiB | Viewed 1513 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:P :P :P :P Email sent we need these, =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>