Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Jinsen Type 99

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
foxfirerodandgun
United States of America

Jinsen Type 99

#1 Post by foxfirerodandgun » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 pm

I have an early production Series 40 Jinsen Type 99 with a serial number of 020. I understand that the 40th series was the only Type 99 series that the Jinsen Arsenal produced. It has an original leather sling & original Jinsen bayonet & scabbard with frog. The frog is a reproduction. The bolt does not match the rifles' serial number; however, all parts of the bolt do match. Am I correct in thinking that this is the 20th Type 99 that the Jinsen Arsenal produced? Many thanks.

James

lloydiam
United States of America

Re: Jinsen Type 99

#2 Post by lloydiam » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

Geokop
United States of America

Re: Jinsen Type 99

#3 Post by Geokop » Sun May 13, 2018 2:49 pm

About 11,000 Type 38 rifles were also produced at the Jinsen arsenal, prior to the production of Type 99's. It's estimated that T99 production ran from January 1944 through 1945. If the serial number on the receiver is the 020 one, then yes, your rifle was the twentieth one made. (There were some production line training, or "de-bugging" production rifles produced very early on before yours.) Your barrel should have a chrome-plated bore and the bolt face should be chrome also. Does yours have the capacity for a 23 1/2 inch cleaning rod and a square cleaning rod catch?

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”