Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

recent sales price of mummy wrapped Enfield No.4

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

recent sales price of mummy wrapped Enfield No.4

#1 Post by Calfed » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:18 pm

These things are going through the roof...

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Milit ... n/53168933

ammolab
United States of America

Re: recent sales price of mummy wrapped Enfield No.4

#2 Post by ammolab » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:57 pm

What would a factory wrapped German K98 or a verified new M1 Garand go for? More than $1700 for sure

Would my consecutive # pair of those #4s bring a extra premium?

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by Calfed » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:08 pm

ammolab wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:57 pm
Would my consecutive # pair of those #4s bring a extra premium?

Hard to say...a few years back I lucked into a pair of consecutive serial number No4 Mk2's...one in the wrapper and one unwrapped but apparently unfired. I got the pair at an online auction for considerably less than the single one above went for.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 pm

and a French mummy...
IMG_6766.jpg
IMG_6766.jpg (85.73 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
IMG_6778.jpg
IMG_6778.jpg (48.24 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

To think, I passed on a Enfield mummy when they were $ 550 :violence-smack:
A lot of should haves...

And the $79 Century Arms late 1946-48 Mosin Nagant mummy wraps???? These were importer 0r exporter wraps, not arsenal storage wraps like Mas 36 and the Enfields.
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 7.29.34 PM.png
Last edited by 72 usmc on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#5 Post by Calfed » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Those are pretty nice, 72 Is the French mummy a M36?

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#6 Post by Calfed » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 pm

I have several other Unissued No4 MK2's, including my first No4, which I bought at a LGS years ago. I was cleaning out the safe a while back and noticed something about my old No4...UF A 15573-- only 27 numbers off my consecutive pair.

Maybe I'm easily amazed...but I'm somewhat amazed that these rifles, made within minutes of each other in merry olde England, less than a year after I was born , all ended up in the same safe, even though they were purchased many years apart and all the way across country from each other.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#7 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 pm

Both of mine that are in the wrap are Mas 36 rebuilds that look like new. At least the one I opened. They were like $179 back in the day.
In contrast, the Enfields are brand new unissued rifles. A guy at one of our local shows had 3 in the wrap and opened all to sell about 3 years ago-it was a sorry shame. Those went fast at $400. One of my regrets was never getting an Enfield mummy or a grenade wire wrapped British marked, Indian Enfield. Both of the Mas 36s are dated in the 1970s - 77 & 75. original caliber 7.5 French. If I remember it was SOG that had Enfield Mummys, they were at gun shows, but never at our local big box gun stores like Dunhams, Big 5, or Fleet & Farm.
IMG_6768.jpg
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

ammolab
United States of America

#8 Post by ammolab » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am

I will hold on to that pair of #4s. As a Century distributor during the era of those imports, I had a good number of consecutive #pairs and at least one triple consecutive # set. I took stacks of these rifles to Texas gun shows selling one or many for $189.00 each. I remember only ONE buyer that bought a consecutive # pair. All the other pairs and the triple were eventually sold as singles.

Those were the days!

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#9 Post by Calfed » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:39 pm

ammolab wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am
I will hold on to that pair of #4s. As a Century distributor during the era of those imports, I had a good number of consecutive #pairs and at least one triple consecutive # set. I took stacks of these rifles to Texas gun shows selling one or many for $189.00 each. I remember only ONE buyer that bought a consecutive # pair. All the other pairs and the triple were eventually sold as singles.

Those were the days!
Dennis Kroh, from Empire Arms, (I think he used to be Southern Arms Surplus Rifles) said pretty much the same thing a few years ago when I first posted my consecutive pair. He said that he did not charge a premium for consecutive serials, but didn't get a lot of takers. He estimated that of the hundreds of unwrapped rifles he sold, maybe 25 or 30 were sold as consecutive pairs. Also said that he had bought back a number of "unwrapped" rifles that he had originally sold in the early 90's, but had only gotten 1 of the 25 or 30 consecutive pairs back.

I've got two sons who are shooters and they will get the consecutive pair when I'm gone (if not sooner)

I really lucked out with my pair. I got them from a Florida online auction back in 2013 for $764, plus a 13% buyer's premium, for the pair.

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#10 Post by Calfed » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:04 pm

ammolab wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am

Those were the days!
Dennis Kroh, from Empire Arms, (I think he used to be Southern Arms Surplus Rifles) said pretty much the same thing a few years ago when I first posted my consecutive pair. He said that he did not charge a premium for consecutive serials, but didn't get a lot of takers. He estimated that of the hundreds of wrapped rifles he sold, maybe 25 or 30 were sold as consecutive pairs. Also said that he had bought back a number of "wrapped" rifles that he had originally sold in the early 90's, but had only gotten 1 of the 25 or 30 consecutive pairs back.

I've got two sons who are shooters and they will get the consecutive pair when I'm gone (if not sooner)

I really lucked out with my pair. I got them from a Florida online auction back in 2013 for $764, plus a 13% buyer's premium, for the pair.

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth”