http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stevens Model 56C
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Recently I picked up a Stevens Model 56C and I have been trying to find some information on it. Basically when were these models produced. Also there are four D&T holes on the left side of the receiver for some type of side-mount sight or scope bracket. Any ideas as to what type of bracket may have been used? Any info would be most helpful.

charlie

Post subject: Re: Stevens Model 56C
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

started looking... it looks like weaver makes a side mount bracket for it (i than the number 2).... im gonna get it to see.... the rear holse that are close together are for a lyman 55r sight. im gonna buy the bracket and see how it works and ill let you know

M91 Carcano, L1A1 SLR, Ar15, Taurus 24/7, type 99 Arisaka, Later type 14 Nambu, Mossburg 500 410, DR200, Remington 41, Makarov, PSL. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I have that Weaver side scope mount. It is for my H&R Leatherneck. I first purchased the mount for another project and was later offered the rifle so I purchesed it also. Now they are back togather again :thumb: . The mount I have is for a 7/8" OD scope which are no longer made, so I am told and used ones are hard to come by. I can post up some pics of the mount that I have tomorrow.
There MFG dates were 1935-1948.
I also believe they were D&T for diopter sights. Sure do hope you plan on posting some perty pic's soon..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 am 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Tunnimaster wrote:
I have that Weaver side scope mount. It is for my H&R Leatherneck. I first purchased the mount for another project and was later offered the rifle so I purchesed it also. Now they are back togather again :thumb: . The mount I have is for a 7/8" OD scope which are no longer made, so I am told and used ones are hard to come by. I can post up some pics of the mount that I have tomorrow.
There MFG dates were 1935-1948.
I also believe they were D&T for diopter sights. Sure do hope you plan on posting some perty pic's soon..

i plan on it... this is not the original style mount its set up for new scopes (any size uses weaver side mount rings) im trying to find the original style but seance im not drilling any thing ill just keep all the original parts so i can return it to stock (ish) when ever i want. i thank the weave part number is 42405 (but mite be wrong). this rifle i have is 100% shooter... my dad striped down the stock when he was my age and refinished it... he also did a crappy, bad, most awful blueing job on it im fixing. he did do a really good job on the stock thought as you will see when i post pics (one thing the old man has on me is wood working skills) ill post pics on my restofied version and than with the mount (if the new one lines up)

M91 Carcano, L1A1 SLR, Ar15, Taurus 24/7, type 99 Arisaka, Later type 14 Nambu, Mossburg 500 410, DR200, Remington 41, Makarov, PSL. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

project is on temporary hold till i get a job again... but i will post all the info once im done.