It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Anyone know anything about these?

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewIt ... =116900786

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:42 am 

I heard they were really nice shooters but the stock on that one is in ruff shape. It looks to have a bad crack in the forend starting at the nose of the stock and there are several stress cracks in the butt. The stock does not have a buttplate, that is the way it was made, and if the butt was repaired, the repairs would show.

I do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

All of the stocks on this sellers rifles are in rough shape, there are a bunch for sale on Gunbroker. I know it is also missing a piece by the bolt, looks like a 'repair' that broke. All it needs is a little TLC (kinda like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:47 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

milsurpmadman,
I won one from the same dealer on Friday the 21st of Nov.They look like with some TLC on the wood and metal they will make a fine little shooter.Let me know when you get yours and how it shoots and I will do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:05 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Will do. Were you able to find any history on these?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:12 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

If you check Rimfire Central.com there are comments about this gun.The CZ forum on this site on page 10 has some interesting stuff. The comments on this forum is about all I know about this particular gun.Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:14 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

My brother and I picked up a pair for $100 each about a year ago. Mine has a long reglued crack in the butt. It is also the most accurate .22lr I've ever owned.

I.G.

For a better Right

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I purchased one of these rifles a couple of months ago from a different source but never took it apart until recently. Whomever put it together before me cross-threaded the stockbolt and cap nut. I used a 12 inch square shaft screwdriver and a 12 inch crescent wrench to remove the cap nut.

The bolt is specifically made with a dovetail shape to fit into a dovetail under the barrel. The cap nut has a small flange and a screw slot. Basically neither the stockbolt nor the cap nut are easily replaced. The thread is, I think, M8X0.75. This is at least in my circles a rare size. Most hardware dealers have M8X1.0 (fine) and M8X1.25 (coarse) bolts. If you wanted to convert a bolt by shaping the head to fit the dovetail, the thread on the cap nut will not fit the bolt.

I have ordered, but not yet received, a thread restorer file, a tap and a die in M8X0.75. The other size was a very rare M8X0.5 but I was told newer CZ rifles used the M8X0.75 size. Lets hope that is so.

http://www.61oldsalt91.blogspot.com/ under "Time To Clean This One Up"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:28 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

usnret30, nice web page. Hopefully I'm not facing similar issue. Seller had a rifle posted that said stockbolt was crossthreadeded, glad I didn't buy it. I have found no info about these rifles on the net, figured spare parts are just about impossible to get. Keep us posted on how you make out

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:14 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I've recently become a fan of the BRNO rifles. I have two Mod 4's that are unbelievable shooters. I imagine that yours will do pretty well too. Be sure to try different ammo's in it. One of the less expensive types that works good in mine is the Remington Subsonic.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=65013

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65211

Last edited by neolithic1 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:16 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

neolithic1,
Nice gun and nice shooting.Can't wait to get mine.Of course my 65 year old eyes probably won't do justice to the gun.I guess I'll have to struggle along and shoot the living daylights out of the poor thing.Hope everyone will have a great holiday today!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:41 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

milsurpmadman,
Received the ZKM 468 Friday evening.The metal is in great shape.The wood is full of dents and dings but with some work it will become acceptable.Test fired two rounds in the back yard for function and everything was ok.Don't know when I'll be able to get to the range for further testing.It is getting cold and snowy here in Western New York and I don't like it.This is a neat little gun!!

greyhair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:01 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Greyhair, I received mine on Friday also. Metal is in decent condition. Stock is pretty rough, a fairly large crack as Candyman noted, also missing wood around the back of the receiver. I have it stipped and glued in some new wood. Need to shape pieces, sand and refinnish. I'll post some pics when it is done. I have a 30yd indoor range near me where I'll try it out. Cold & snowy here also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:48 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Finally got it refinnished and back together. Took it to local indoor range (25 yds) and put about 100rds of some surplus .22 (plain white box, says only Olin Corp) my father-in-law got from CMP about 20 years ago when he taught marksmanship to Boy Scouts. Overall it shot well, rear sight is a little tough on the eyes. Here are some pics of my repairs and refinnish job. I beleive the stock is beech, I couldn't find any locally so I used a little poplar where wood was missing. Stain is RIT cocoa brown dye mixed with denatured alcohol. Finnish is a couple of coats of Tru Oil and Tom's 1/3 wax.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:28 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Milsurpmadman,
Nice job.You have a good looking gun.What sized groups did you get? You are right about older eyes. We probably aren't doing any justice to the accuracy of these guns. I zeroed mine in with CCI CB Longs at twenty yards in my back yard. Kept the last three shots within 1 1/4 inches. I considered that a small victory and left well enough alone. Keep in touch and have a Happy,Healthy,and Prosperous New Year!!!!