http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:57 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Took the mosin nagant 91/30 and norinco sks to the range today with some friends also got to shoot some skeet with my buddies shot gun too. I got the longest run of the day breaking 18 skeet in a row my friend that owns the shotgun came in second with 11.

Back to the report I shot a bunch of rounds through the sks and MN to warm up made a slight adjustment to the sks and shot some targets for keepers all at 50 yards. I measured from the center bulls eye to the center of each hole then took the average and then average deviation. As one might guess I did a little bit better with the sks than the MN I got 10 rounds on paper with the sks and only 9 with the MN so for data I used the 7.25" for the 10th data point (longest distance from bulls eye to edge of paper).

The sks averaged 2.735 inches from bulls eye, all shots were an average of 1.0425 inches of each other if on a straight line, and within a 6 inch group.

The MN averaged 4.65 inches from bulls eye, all shots were an average of 1.1 inches of each other if on a straight line, and within a 5 inch group. This group number is actually wrong since the last shot didn't get on paper but the others were 5" of each other so actual group I'm guessing is 5-6".

Attachments:
100_2221.JPG
100_2221.JPG [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 1277 times ]
100_2220.JPG
100_2220.JPG [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 1277 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:45 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Here is a picture of my excel spreadsheet doing my number crunching. I put two targets I did with my M1 Garand at 100 yards to compare if you look at it you will notice between the 91/30 or sks and M1 there is a lot of room for improvement I did better with the M1 and it was 50 yards further out!!!

Attachments:
Snapshot 2011-12-10 19-28-28.tiff
Snapshot 2011-12-10 19-28-28.tiff [ 78.93 KiB | Viewed 1274 times ]