Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

M1903a4 sniper rifle

M1903, M1903A3 and M1917.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

M1903a4 sniper rifle

#1 Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Just got my latest addition to my collection unpacked and inspected, and I am quite pleased with it. Its a Remington 03a4 sniper rifle dated 10-43 with the correct M73b1 scope. This rifle has its share of bumps and bruises but it doesn't appear to have not gone through any major arsenal refurbishment. The bore is pristine and the scope is clear, and with the exception of some minor corrosion on the barrel tip and scope it looks like it would have in 1943.
100_5038 (2).JPG
100_5039 (2).JPG
100_5040 (2).JPG
100_5041 (2).JPG
100_5042 (2).JPG

Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#2 Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 pm

100_5043 (2).JPG
100_5044 (2).JPG
100_5045 (2).JPG
100_5047 (2).JPG
100_5048 (2).JPG

Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#3 Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 pm

100_5049 (2).JPG
100_5050 (2).JPG
100_5051 (2).JPG
100_5052 (2).JPG
100_5053 (2).JPG

Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#4 Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:41 pm

100_5054 (2).JPG
100_5055 (2).JPG
100_5056 (2).JPG
100_5046 (2).JPG
100_5059 (2).JPG

Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#5 Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:42 pm

100_5057 (2).JPG
100_5058 (2).JPG
100_5060 (2).JPG

User avatar
M14man
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 pm
Location: Florida
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#6 Post by M14man » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm envious!

swede
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 pm
Age: 58
Location: Poland, Maine
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#7 Post by swede » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:56 pm

very nice

bobvz
Member
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Location: USA, SC
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#8 Post by bobvz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks for those pics! I guess we can see where Redfield started with the rear windage one-piece base.

User avatar
redeagle
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:34 am
Age: 51
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#9 Post by redeagle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 am

beautiful. thanks for sharing the pics.

ffuries
Member
Member
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Age: 50
Location: Panama City, Florida
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#10 Post by ffuries » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Miller Tyme wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 pm
Just got my latest addition to my collection unpacked and inspected, and I am quite pleased with it. Its a Remington 03a4 sniper rifle dated 10-43 with the correct M73b1 scope. This rifle has its share of bumps and bruises but it doesn't appear to have not gone through any major arsenal refurbishment. The bore is pristine and the scope is clear, and with the exception of some minor corrosion on the barrel tip and scope it looks like it would have in 1943.

100_5038 (2).JPG100_5039 (2).JPG100_5040 (2).JPG100_5041 (2).JPG100_5042 (2).JPG
Stupid question time did they remove the the front sights on the sniper version of the M1903? I know other countries sniper rifles still had the front sights, IE Russian ones etc.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#11 Post by Miller Tyme » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Yes sir, 03A4's never where fitted with front sights. Additionally you will notice the reciever stamp says 03A3, this was done so of the rifle didnt meet standards the scope set up could be removed, front sight installed, and the rifle issued out as a regular 03A3. But unlike the regular production 03A3's , which had there rool stamp in the 12 o'clock position, the 03A4 's roll stamp was on the L/H side of the reciever to prevent it being covered by the scope mount.

ffuries
Member
Member
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Age: 50
Location: Panama City, Florida
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#12 Post by ffuries » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Miller Tyme wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:42 pm
Yes sir, 03A4's never where fitted with front sights. Additionally you will notice the reciever stamp says 03A3, this was done so of the rifle didnt meet standards the scope set up could be removed, front sight installed, and the rifle issued out as a regular 03A3. But unlike the regular production 03A3's , which had there rool stamp in the 12 o'clock position, the 03A4 's roll stamp was on the L/H side of the reciever to prevent it being covered by the scope mount.
Wow interesting and thank you for the explanation. Something to keep my eyes open for, learn something new everyday on this site.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Miller Tyme
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Age: 56
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#13 Post by Miller Tyme » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm

ffuries wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 pm
Miller Tyme wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:42 pm
Yes sir, 03A4's never where fitted with front sights. Additionally you will notice the reciever stamp says 03A3, this was done so of the rifle didnt meet standards the scope set up could be removed, front sight installed, and the rifle issued out as a regular 03A3. But unlike the regular production 03A3's , which had there rool stamp in the 12 o'clock position, the 03A4 's roll stamp was on the L/H side of the reciever to prevent it being covered by the scope mount.
Wow interesting and thank you for the explanation. Something to keep my eyes open for, learn something new everyday on this site.
The roll stamps unique location is why it is almost impossible to fake a 03A4 and pass it off as legit.

VMASCIOP2000
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:41 am
Age: 63
Location: oakdale minnesota
United States of America

Re: M1903a4 sniper rifle

#14 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Beautiful rifle with great info. Thanks all.
I was R.L.E.V.M. on our old forum.

Post Reply

Return to “United States Rifles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests