We talk about military firearms and sometimes just firearms. We want civil discourse on these topics. Yes, we are kind of like the USA Today of Mil-Surp forums. Our Forum is for like minded individuals who love to shoot and collect Military Surplus Firearms and we strive to keep this a family oriented site. In general most of the rules are just plain common sense but need to be mentioned.
Our forum exist for individuals who have a desire to learn about and collect Military Surplus firearms, accessories, bayonets etc.. This includes those who might want to modify their firearm (sporterize). We coexist with purists and those who like to tinker. Our creed has always been your firearm, your decision. We ask that if you don't have something nice to say don't say it. Also if your topic is about sporterizing/gun smithing please put your topic in the appropriate forum and let those who want to keep their firearms "as is" in peace.
Our forum is based on living room ethics. Pretend your mom is sitting in the corner. Politeness is the key to survive here.
We have moderators who are also members. If they mention something to you and you can't tell the difference, well be prepared.
This is what you agreed to you when you became a member here, notice the bold print items.
By accessing “Surplusrifle Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Surplusrifle Forum”, “http://www.surplusrifleforum.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Surplusrifle Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Surplusrifle Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com
. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Surplusrifle Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Surplusrifle Forum” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Surplusrifle Forum” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
This is a Military Surplus Firearms website and forum. That is what it is, and that it shall remain. If you can't post for the benefit of the community think again please. This is a member supported community and posts and threads belong to the community and shall remain as long as the forum exists.
What We Do Not Allow:
There are a couple of general guidelines for what is allowed and not allowed in your posts. If you cross the boundaries don’t be surprised if your post gets deleted. We do not get mad at someone for forgetting the rules and posting something like described below. We just do not feel it has a place here and it will get deleted. If you continually post this type of content we will warn you. If it continues then maybe this is not the forum for you.
* We do not allow political or religious discussions for the most part unless they are kept within acceptable boundaries. Political Acceptable Boundaries are only those topics that pertain to collecting, buying, selling firearms and proposed legislation that directly relates to our basic 2d amendment rights. Only factual posts are allowed, simple debate is allowed but only in context with the issue. Any posts that flame a candidate/party, take a cheap shot at, or make fun of, will be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. The first deletion is on us, but if you continue to post things that get deleted, your agreement to abide by the guidelines of this forum are suspect and further action may become necessary.
* We do not allow posts that slam other members for what they have done to their firearms. We believe to each their own and leave well enough alone.
* We do not allow posts that slam other firearms discussion boards. You have problem with them then take it up with them don't bring it here.
* Humor that is ethnic, racial, religion based or sexual is not tolerated. We have a diverse membership remember.
* No trolling, if you want to start a flame war, go somewhere else. This is a polite forum and it will stay that way. If you disagree with someone, do it in a civil manner. Remember what Zig Ziglar said "if you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive." For those that don’t know, Trolling is baiting someone with a remark that you KNOW will get their Dander up.
* Do not even try to tell the owners, administrators or moderators on how the forum should be run. Do not waste our time by threatening legal action should you get banned for violating the rules.
* Reloaded Ammunition: Reloaded ammunition from an unlicensed source will not be allowed to be bought, sold or traded on our forum.
- All ammunition bought or sold (commercial/milsurp etc.) should be checked before use for obvious defects. As with all ammo, shoot at your own risk and be safe.
* Nothing Illegal or potentially so and no encouraging unsafe or illegal activities. This includes making illegal modifications to firearms. Mall-ninjas, Wanna-be Rambos and Cubicle Commandos can find another site more to your liking elsewhere.
These are to include the breaking of any Civil or Federal law or any Firearm's law.
Do not ask for any information for illegal modifications or uses of firearms. No, you can not convert your whatever to full auto to make a machine gun. It is illegal. (don't even ask). No, you can not assemble a parts kit into a working machine gun, that also is illegal.
We also do not want to hear about what your "friend" did.
Postings of this nature or any illegal nature will be deleted on sight. The posting member may also be banned from further use of these forums.
If you have any questions on what may be legal or not, feel free to ask and we will offer our opinions. But remember they are just that, OPINIONS. We do not offer any legal advice. We can point you in the right direction for true legal facts concerning Guns and Gun laws.
Please Post in The Correct Topic Area:
If the question is about a 1911 then post there. If you have a Gunsmithing Problem post it there. The General Firearms Topics is not a waste bin for topics you didn't want to find the correct area for. If you don't know ask a Moderator.
Off Topic Subjects are only allowed in the Off Topic Area:
Please try to keep the topics somewhat related to the general community interest. This topic area is going to be moderated, so if it gets out of hand, don't be surprised if a post or a topic gets ozoned. We hope this area will be for a bit of humor, and community related notices and items that all might enjoy.
Under 21 Age Users:
1. While we respect your right to be here, please try to think first. For example: If you are not legal to buy a gun for instance DO NOT ASK how to. But, by all means if you have a question on a firearm feel free to ask. All we ask is that you try to conduct yourself as an ADULT.
2. Why? Because we want to protect you and your family from being prosecuted for making an illegal purchase of a firearm. If you are not legal, it is highly recommended you don't mention procuring a firearm for your use, and don't even allude to it being yours. Better SAFE than sorry.
3. The same rules for over 21 members apply to you. This is not a political debate forum, no trolling or bashing. You and only you are accountable for the words you type. If you go over the line, expect consequences.
4. A new hobbyist is normally over zealous in their approach. Post counts do not matter on this forum, meaningful and well thought out posts that can appeal to other members is. Posting just to post, gives you a reputation that you might not desire. Our hobby is a highly responsible hobby, treat it as such.
5. We the owner and moderators of this forum understand you want to be respected, in spite of your age. If you read the above carefully, you will stay within boundaries, and not get labeled in members minds as something you wouldn't desire... or be called a "kid".
Setting Up your Profile:
We encourage you to be as complete as you feel comfortable. Many member like to know where-about you live. For the sake of others please fill in as much as you find allowable. But please have at least the part of the state you live in as well as the state (for example: Central MN). Also, age and location are now required for membership.
Should be in good taste and not be found to be offensive, use the same guidelines as shown above (for posts) on what is allowed and not allowed.
Do not put Photos or Billboard graphics in your signature line. These distract from the flow of the thread, makes reading difficult and in general look ;cheesy;. Please help us keeping this site LOOKING GOOD.
Please limit your signature line to no more than five lines.
Want instant information, please use the search function. There are two modes, one were you can search the whole forum, and the other where you can search specific topics areas.
When you post photos, please make sure that the image is sized to fit and doesn't need to be scrolled for others to see the whole picture.
Buying and Selling:
These forums have a designated For Sale Forums.
All items For Sale must be listed there, and not in any other topic forum.
It is for the use of active forum members only.
To see and use the For Sale areas you must. (Note you can't see the forum till Number 1 below is met)
1. Have at least 10 posts of substance, and be a member at least 30 days
2. Have a location and age listed in your profile.
3. Be a milsurp or shooting related item, and you MUST be the owner of the item(s), no exceptions.
4. Have a posted price or item acceptable for trade. (No best offers or auctions.)
5. Post if the item is listed For Sale in other places. (other, forums, auction sites, ect.)
6. Follow the rules posted here subject: For Sale Section Rules/Guidelines (latest date) and it's also posted in the For Sale Forum
7. Failure to abide by these rules can result in the loss of buying and selling rights on this forum.