Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

New-Old User

New Members, introduce yourself and make yourself feel welcome.
Jonas_Salk
United States of America

New-Old User

#1 Post by Jonas_Salk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Hey all,

I went by the name Jonas Salk on here years ago, but apparently my account was deleted. Long story short, I stopped my interests in firearms for a few years to finish college and focus on my career. Now I'm back in the collecting game. How do I see the classifieds section?

Thanks.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: New-Old User

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm

You need to have a certain amount of posts to see and access it now. Keeps the one post sellers/or scam artists out of it. I no longer remember the number? You also have to be actively logged in to see the section. A mod will let us know the magic number... This number is not actually posted in the rules or FAQ section. An over sight or it may be a random, nebulous number too keep the one time posters away. The Boss will let us know. In any event after a good number of posts the classified section will appear as fast as you can spell; supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. WELCOME back.
Here is some old forum history, what happened, and how to redo any old posts. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... =79&t=2203

ALSO see http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... ?f=5&t=118
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#3 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:35 pm

Welcome back.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

Jonas_Salk
United States of America

#4 Post by Jonas_Salk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:27 am

Ah, that's a shame that I can't go ahead and purchase some. I'll just have to remember to keep commenting here in the meantime. Thanks, 72 USMC.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:25 am

The best news is Todd at Family firearms and finishes is still around and always has the best surplus goodies. He is the one to call if you really want some nice top grade stuff. He does lots of shows and has a huge base so he generally does not list on the classified section. He is a forum sponsor and when I was building my collection, I got the best stuff from him. Actually he is the only person I buy from without actually seeing the rifle in person. You have to call him, his better stuff sells fast. I am not sure if you remember Todd? He is in Ohio. I could go to 5 shows and not find the quality Mosin or Tok that he sold me. His prices are normal, but the rifles' condition or scarcity is always better than I could locate at a show.

Of late, in the last 8 years prices have gotten high and really nice surplus rifles have dried up and are had to find. I would have never thought a RC Mauser would go $500, or a matching Mosin 91/30 at $300 . This is at WI gun shows. Prices be crazy. The best time to find goodies at a show is when one of us old guys dies and the hords of ammo and select surplus rifles come out of the wood work because the family is dumping a huge collection.
https://www.facebook.com/familyfirearms ... =bookmarks
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... =102&t=852

Some of the old informative big posts have been reconstructed or redone & updated. So there is lots of reading. These redone posts and can be hid on some of the last pages. Some of mine are kept near the current page. Lots of information is still present post crash.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Jonas_Salk
United States of America

#6 Post by Jonas_Salk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:17 am

Great to know, thank you!

Pricate
United States of America

#7 Post by Pricate » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Welcome Jonas, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I too just recently came back but forgot how to access stuff. Time will tell when that happens.😂 I’m am glad you came back. The old forum seems to have a lot less traffic now days.

Jonas_Salk
United States of America

#8 Post by Jonas_Salk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:46 pm

A shame! Back when I first started here roughly 8-9 years ago, it was hopping.

Jonas_Salk
United States of America

#9 Post by Jonas_Salk » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Anyone know how many posts it takes to see the classifieds section? I'm itching to browse and buy. :D

Return to “Meet and Greet”