http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:27 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I also have 2 M93 Spanish Mausers. One of which is in very good complete, original condition. According to this site: http://masterton.us/Spanmauhome
and it's listing of serial numbers it was made in 1927. The 2nd one is sort of an enigma. It's, sadly, been sporterized , (i.e. aesthetically ruined), and has had all marking/crest removed on the receiver other than the serial number. Again according to the site above the only place the serial number on the receiver, which is 7873, fits in is under the 95 carbines. It would be from 1904 possibly. He has this particular rifle listed under "Other Serial Numbers" since I previously supplied him with all of the info I have on this rifle. The serial number on the barrel though, which is far too long, even though cut down, to be from a carbine reads 782. This, according to his info, would be from a 93 made in 1896, assuming that's the full serial number and not an abbreviated version.
What, of coarse, I am wondering is which ammo types are safe to fire with these guns. I have a supply of milsurp ammo made in Chile from the 70's. Would these be safe to use or might they be too "hot"?

Attachment:
100_1971.JPG
100_1971.JPG [ 3.2 MiB | Viewed 811 times ]

Attachment:
100_1978.JPG
100_1978.JPG [ 3.37 MiB | Viewed 811 times ]

Attachment:
100_3590.JPG
100_3590.JPG [ 1.72 MiB | Viewed 811 times ]

Attachment:
100_3592.JPG
100_3592.JPG [ 2.24 MiB | Viewed 811 times ]

Attachments:
100_1659.JPG
100_1659.JPG [ 3.62 MiB | Viewed 811 times ]

We need to keep the damn politics out of our 2nd Amendment rights. They just create a means to our own destruction by making us turn on each other while obfuscating the truth and logic of the matter at hand.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:29 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Attachment:
816.JPG
816.JPG [ 3.08 MiB | Viewed 810 times ]

We need to keep the damn politics out of our 2nd Amendment rights. They just create a means to our own destruction by making us turn on each other while obfuscating the truth and logic of the matter at hand.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm 

All of these rifles are safe to shoot with original type loading ammo.b

President NM MILSURPS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Rapidrob wrote:
All of these rifles are safe to shoot with original type loading ammo.b

Very happy to hear that. Was worried thinking that later loads, especially milsurp, might have been loaded hotter with more modern firearms in mind. I appreciate the info. Thanks again.