http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Venezuelan mauser
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I bought a nice looking venezuelan mauser today in 7mm. I read through old posts and seen two models were made the short rifle and the carbine. the barrel length on my rifle is about 23 inches but it has a bent bolt. Is this correct? There are no serial numbers on the bolt, the only numbers are on the receiver and the stock. There is also no stampings on the footplate. You can see in the pics that the rifle appears to have some rust under the woodline. I'll pull it apart here soon and clean it. Also does the stock appear to be refinished? Any info on this rifle would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Venezuelan mauser
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Sorry for the poor pics, it was hard taking them with the flash. I can get better pics tomorrow if needed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Nice rifle Will. I don't know anything about this FN - made Mauser. It's a nice length and bent bolt is a definite bonus. Do you have 7mm dies? Marc

Mausers: Swede M96x2, CG63E, Israeli K98, SKS: Tula+Type 56, M/N 91/30 Izhevsk X 3, Tokarev T33+SVT40, EnfieldIshapore no1mk3*, ShtLE mk3*, Long Branch, P14, Swiss K31 US Svc Rifle IHC M1 Garand .308, M1A clone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

No marc I don't have dies yet but now I finally have a gun to shoot the 7mm ammo I bought two years ago

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

The stock has been cut to fit the altered bolt whoever did the work did a great job. Could it be that this is a carbine bolt in this rifle or does it look home made. Is there anyway to date the gun?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I took the rifle apart and what I thought was rust under the wood line was dried cosmo. I noticed that the receiver also has a cut out for the bolt. This thing looks like it was never taken apart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

That is an awesome rifle! That's great that you have 7mm to shoot. Whoever did the bolt and the stock did a great job. I figured waffenampt would chime in with his knowledge. I thought that the rifle looked a lot like the Chilean 1912 Mauser. Enjoy the new toy Will!

Mausers: Swede M96x2, CG63E, Israeli K98, SKS: Tula+Type 56, M/N 91/30 Izhevsk X 3, Tokarev T33+SVT40, EnfieldIshapore no1mk3*, ShtLE mk3*, Long Branch, P14, Swiss K31 US Svc Rifle IHC M1 Garand .308, M1A clone