http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1st outing with m96
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Went to the range today,and was surprised that my rifle shoots to just above point of aim,using prvi 139 grain. It was shooting to the left an inch and a half. I found the front site to be loose. Moving it to the left and securing it should take care of the windage and I'm happy with the elevation. I may invest in a Mojo to improve the sight picture, which will help the groups. A good day.

Post subject: Re: 1st outing with m96
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the M96. I love shooting mine. That long barrel (longer site radius) really help burn up that powder. The 6.5x55mm round is enjoyable and accurate to shoot!

Marc

Mausers: Swede M96x2, CG63E, Israeli K98, SKS: Tula+Type 56, M/N 91/30 Izhevsk X 3, Tokarev T33+SVT40, EnfieldIshapore no1mk3*, ShtLE mk3*, Long Branch, P14, Swiss K31 US Svc Rifle IHC M1 Garand .308, M1A clone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Post some photos her when you get a chance. We love photos here.If you don't reload yet,the Swede ammo that Privi makes is pretty good shooting stuff,accurate,reloadable and cheap.Most eveyone here has had good luck with it.When you do start reloading, your gonna find you Swede really easy to load for..........Larry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

felixmophandle wrote:
Post some photos her when you get a chance. We love photos here.If you don't reload yet,the Swede ammo that Privi makes is pretty good shooting stuff,accurate,reloadable and cheap.Most eveyone here has had good luck with it.When you do start reloading, your gonna find you Swede really easy to load for..........Larry

+1, I have RCBS dies for mine and enough brass to keep me busy a while!

Mausers: Swede M96x2, CG63E, Israeli K98, SKS: Tula+Type 56, M/N 91/30 Izhevsk X 3, Tokarev T33+SVT40, EnfieldIshapore no1mk3*, ShtLE mk3*, Long Branch, P14, Swiss K31 US Svc Rifle IHC M1 Garand .308, M1A clone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

You're going to love that rifle. Was the shooting at 100 yds? That's only about 0.006" of movement on the front sight to move the group 1".

Mojo sights are very nice. You can also mold a rear aperture sight out of JB Weld. I'd use a spare rear sight if the rifle is all matching. Works for me.

Attachments:
M96a.jpg
M96a.jpg [ 503.1 KiB | Viewed 2324 times ]

Frequently wrong, never in doubt!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:56 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

It is pleasant to shoot,and it does seem like it will be highly accurate. I really shoot better with peep sights.dmg4, I read your article on your modified sight and like it,but I'll need to pick up a replacement sight first. I do reload,but not for the Swede,and I havn't done any in quite a while. My gun hobby has been dormant for quite a while, I'm getting back into it now and I'm having fun. I was shooting at 100 yrds. I did post a pic on another post but they are too big, I have to crop them to get them to load. I'll keep working on that. Thanks for the encouragment and advice, Tom.

Attachments:
DSCI0003 (2).JPG
DSCI0003 (2).JPG [ 384.95 KiB | Viewed 2305 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:06 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Rear sight is $14.60 from Numrich: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/11610.htm

Frequently wrong, never in doubt!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I have a complete used M96 rear sight ladder , slide & catch for $12 shipped 1st class if interested . Cash or US Postal money order . Send me a PM for more info .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:43 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thanks for the info dmg4,and thanks for the offer,318dodge. I may take you up on that. Thanks again, Tom.