Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Webley pellet pistol in Battlefield finish IN STOCK

72 usmc
United States of America

Webley pellet pistol in Battlefield finish IN STOCK

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 pm

So Airgun depot an Pyramyd air in the USA will offer the Webley reproduction pellet pistol in the Battlefield finish and the Stainless exhibition finish in November of this year. The BB revolver is fair, but the black finish is nasty. It took a year for them to wake up and offer the more realistic finish and the rifled barrel, pellet reproduction that was available only in England. This is a CO2 and you should get about 35-40 shots per cartridge. Use light weight hollow base pellets. Do not buy the BB version. This repro. is made in BB , Pellet and airsoft versions and each shell is different. The pellet version was never offered in the US till now.
From an English web source- a photo of the Wingun (WG) made in Tiwan, all metal Webley note the tag on the barrel peals off. White markings can be subdued to provide a nice repro to fire for fun or target practice. Watch out, it's so real looking your anti gun, democrat neighbor may call the police and you will see a few of your police friends visit your backyard. Hence, shoot in the basement or at a range if you live in town :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :snooty: :snooty:
150310111203001-1.jpg
Picture 1.png
Here is the listing of the Battlefield finish- cost on a preorder is $179 :doh: :
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Webley_M ... inish/4482
It is to size and weight and makes for nice shooting in the basement.
the stainless Exhibition model review see this well done one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHeMSSyahU

A battle field finish model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwPbPqE80hk
and this kid shows some close up details of the finish and markings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYNiB_4axN0

Here is a review of the nasty BB version.
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/12 ... er-part-1/
Last edited by 72 usmc on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: Webley pellet pistol in Battlefield finish

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Bummer , :snooty: :think: , the Exhibition model came in stock first. And no mention of spare cartridges being offered :roll: :roll:

So for the few that like a real nasty shine, its now in stock. I do not see these flying off the shelf :lol: But it should shoot better than the BB model, just that it looks nasty-worse than the normal black finish on the BB version.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Webley_M ... ilver/4483
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
United States of America

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Pyramyd Air Battlefield finish Webley. So they moved the date they will be in stock back for a third time to 18 Nov. :? :?: :?: :?: :roll: What a joke- pitty the fools that pre ordered. :hand: :snooty: You should wait for the Black friday or Christmas sales to get 15-20% off the price. That is if they ever actually get this model. Second sore point. They do not stock the real Webley marked cartridges as found in and that originally comes with the revolver. They are trying to pass off some-- off name, kinda fits, Schofield cartridges insted of the brand name Webley marked ones. Sad. A pistol you do not want the originals to fly out on reloading because they do not offer true replacements.
Also see the 2 reviews about the silver model. For these to fire you need a high precision, light weight,dome shaped, hollow pellet like the Exact RS Diablo 7.3 grain, not cheep K Mart brands or heavy pellets. Hand grips are verified as cheep looking, no mention if original wood grips can be modified to work. Not sure how it would be cut to allow for loading the CO2 cartridge. Better off aging the plastic ones so they appear old.

And a bigger joke :lol: :lol: :doh: :doh: it has just moved to 20 Nov, so each day it is being delayed longer. Maybe, if they delay long enough, they will actually get the correctly marked Webley replacement cartridges from Wingun in Tiawan.

So they started to advertise in late Sept, got the silver model in first and have yet to get they more realistic looking battlefield finish model, and now they fail to offer the black finish in pellet format (not that most would want one, but some like that nasty silver finish- to each his own) , nor do they offer the marked original Webley cartridges. Crack open the pistol in a fast manner and these cartridges really fly out, so caution in the big outdoors. No replacement originals unless you order from England. Real good Josh, your Pyramid Air company needs some improvement. So I am still waiting. No explanations in the ask a question format--I guess the truth hurts. So we wait. :think:

In the meantime see Webley Reprise pt. 4-- the nickel model evaluation :arrow: :arrow: https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... se-part-4/
...but don’t expect the kind of dime circumference groups you would get with a target pistol. If you like the nickel MK VI (and I do), and you like shooting at 10 meters, then my conclusion remains the same as before, shoot it the way Webley intended, double action.
:snooty: :snooty: So not a target grade shooter, pellet accuracy problems, not a shooter; more a collectable to keep in its box. Sounds like the Legends Ace in the hole or the other pellet version Legends Army .45 revolvers are more accurate pellet shooting six guns. But all are better than the jamomatic Legends, poor preforming & high priced MP 40 BB replica at $250. And its German markings that make for a nice replica are missing :doh:

72 usmc
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Check out the new reviews on the silver pellet model and the linked review. Both indicate poor accuracy for a rifled pellet pistol :naughty: :doh: :think: :snooty:
I was hoping for target level accuracy with the rifled barrel. Not so , centered groups but not tight . My Dan Wesson 715s , and rifle barreled Peacemakers shoot groups half the size. Combat accuracy , but not target accuracy
It seems that the trigger pull and shooting light weight pellets out of the smooth bore BB version may be a better bet. At least until the Battlefield finish, pellet version actually gets to the US and the reviewers can actually test them and see what the new results indicate. It seems the many versions of the rifled, pellet version of the Colt 45 is a better bet for target shooting.
If the Battlefield finish ever comes in, I guess the one I order will get the white markings subdued, cheep handles aged, and the black decal on the barrel removed, and then it stays in the box as a collector special. If you want a target shooter you get the Webley Hurricane or Tempset. A product made in Turkey rather than Tawian -- while not a replica WW II - they are non CO2, silent, very accurate, and reliable shooters but priced $210 and up.
Last edited by 72 usmc on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

72 usmc
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:52 am

OK ,It JUST CAME IN STOCK TONIGHT, Webley MKVI CO2 Pellet Revolver Battlefield Finish, Just in time for a black friday or possible cyber Monday sale????? Pyramyd Air & Air gun depot has them. I will post a review of my pistol from Airgundepot

HERE IS THE final review 10 Dec:
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... 8953#p8953

Return to “Military Pistols General Topics”