Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Anyone have a steyr hahn pistol?

grayparatrooper
United States of America

Anyone have a steyr hahn pistol?

#1 Post by grayparatrooper » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:40 am

Recently purchased at auction and awaiting its arrival. Randomly stumbled on it it was listed as a unknown pistol and i thought it would be possible to get for a steal. Sadly not the case lots of others wanted it as well lol final bid was $540+fees so still not bad i think. Anyone else have one? Anything i should know? Could also use a few stripper clips. :mrgreen:

Cattus Borealis
United States of America

Re: Anyone have a steyr hahn pistol?

#2 Post by Cattus Borealis » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Wonder shooting pistols! Congratulations on it! I use Czech 7,62x25 strip clips on mine. I use 38 Super Dies to reload the brass.

Cattus Borealis
United States of America

#3 Post by Cattus Borealis » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:13 am

Here is Samson the Cat with my Steyr made in 1918.

Merry Christmas!
Attachments
20191111_105240.jpg

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by RWS » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:06 am

Oh, these are really great pistols. I love 'em. I have a Chilean contract gun that is actually a M1911. Most contract S-H pistols are M1912's. Randy Rick has what is probably the most comprehensive internet information on these pistols.
http://randyrick.us/AustrianFirearms/pm1912.htm

9mm Largo will fit and fire in these pistols but is hotter than 9mm Steyr so definitely not advisable. Fiocchi still makes factory 9mm Steyr ammo and it's readily available.
https://www.sgammo.com/product/fiocchi- ... iocchi-9sa

As noted above, you can use a .38 Super die set with a 9mm Luger shell holder and load reliable ammo. I use 5.0 grains of WW231 behind a 115 grain jacketed bullet. Unlike many other European 9's that utilize a 124 grain bullet, 9mm Steyr cartridges used a 115 grain bullet from the git-go. Not that you can't use 124 grain bullets, you can, but 115 grainers are the original load.

Strippers are overrated, IMHO. You can lock the slide back and thumb them in singly by hand. Pretty much the same effort as loading a stripper clip. Also, what looks like a slide release is actually an unloader. Depressing the unloader with the slide locked back will eject all live rounds. Not something you want to do at the range...

-Bob

Return to “Military Pistols General Topics”