Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Source for Nambu 8 mm Ammo?

Ernest T
United States of America

Source for Nambu 8 mm Ammo?

#1 Post by Ernest T » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Anyone have a source for ammo to feed my Type 14 Nambu? I see that Grafs carried the PCI ammo, but I've seen mixed reviews for that ammo. Wondering if there is another source?

Thanks!

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Source for Nambu 8 mm Ammo?

#2 Post by RWS » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 am

Buffalo Arms sez they have some in stock that they make using re-formed cases. I don't know anything about how good or bad they are.

https://www.buffaloarms.com/8mm-nambu-a ... mo8mmnambu

-Bob

Ernest T
United States of America

#3 Post by Ernest T » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for the info. I ordered a box from Buffalo Arms. I guess I'll find out how they do. I found one other source, but their prices were almost $3.00 per round.

Now I'm looking for reloading dies, but the only ones I can find are RCBS and they are expensive.

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by RWS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:26 am

Yeah, I don't know of a price under $171 for RCBS dies. To the best of my knowledge, the only 8mm Nambu die sets available are RCBS and CH dies. I bought a set of CH/4D dies in 8mm Nambu for about $125 several years ago. They tend to go today for about $135 when you can find them in stock. They're out of stock a lot. The most reliable source is usually Buffalo Arms, but they are (of course) currently out of stock. BA lists a lot of their products on Ebay and usually include free shipping so they are a much better price than buying from HDS and paying shipping but it's still an expensive proposition either way. It falls under the "Yougottawanna" category.

I wouldn't mind getting completely out of the Nambu business by liquidating my Type 14, reloading dies, bullets, & brass to focus on easier & better handguns but most people like you and myself got into the Nambu business in stages and I just don't want the hassle of trying to get out piecemeal. Easier to get in than to get out, in my experience.

Here's a link to a Buffalo Arms Ebay auction, for what it's worth:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/8mm-Nambu-Die- ... 2557783787

-Bob

Return to “Japanese Pistols”