http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yugo sks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I recently bought a Yugo sks. I'm having a problem with the bolt not ejecting the casing when fired. I have moved the setting for the grenade launcher to both positions and it is the same either way. I have also completely disassembled and cleaned everything and still no luck. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Yugo sks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:42 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I had the same issue, I believe (my memory is hazy on this) it was fixed by fixing the gas setting, do some google searches or youtube, or maybe someone can chime in. It shocked me at first b/c the yugo equipment is really nice quality, there likely is a fix, possibly an ejector issue, but I would guess the gas setting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

The action cycles but does not eject...? Its operating in single-shot mode only...? Can you cycle it by hand and eject the cartridge?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

What kind of ammo are you using ?. If your using cheap ammo sometimes you can get some that wont cycle the bolt enough to eject. Wolf ammo has been known to cause this problem in some SKS`s. Also remove the gas tube and make sure the gas port in the barrel isn`t plugged.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

What condition its the yugo in? Is it a like new rifle or a good or lower rifle? If you have the tag or box it came in from the importer they will have a grade marking.

I would check your gas tube, gas valve, and gas block for corrosion or other damage.

This its a valve that will not function. This is an extreme case. This valve leaks too much gas and will not cycle the bolt.

Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1361019795439.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361019795439.jpg [ 65.62 KiB | Viewed 1473 times ]

The rifle this came out of still has a good gas block:

The gas tube is also pitted, but a new gas valve was enough to allow the system to function. I have yet to have an issue since replacing the valve.

Here is some info on the rifle I had to repair:

viewtopic.php?t=101580

I would check your valve first. Then gas tube. You may,also want to check to make sure your recoil spring is in correctly and that your rifle gas a gas piston extension that is not missing.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

www.vintagerifle.net

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:31 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Bet you anything it's a gas seal fix on your tube. Here's a one cent (or less) fix. I've done the "paper clip fix" on multiple Yugo 59/66 that wouldn't cycle/eject and it worked every time. I keep a baggie of 3 or 4 of the paper clip rings so that if it falls out during cleaning then I've got ready spares.
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=4191.0
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=4191.0