http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: m24/47 timney trigger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Hello all. I have decided to upgrade my original trigger with the Mauser Sportsman, but do not know about the 'trigger options'. The options are M98 FN 101, M98 K 102, M95-6 103, or the M91-4K 105. Is one of them specific for the m24/47, or do I get to choose? If I get to choose, I need help in what the difference is between them. Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I don't know which one you will need for the 24/47, but FYI, when you go to install it, chances are really good that you will have to do a bit of inletting at the tang end of the receiver to get the new trigger mechanism to clear the wood. I had to cut the one on my K98 back almost 1/2 inch to have it clear. Other than that, it went together real nice and it feels a lot better now.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

NRA Life Member - Member Kansas Rifle Association (KSRA) - NRA Certified Pistol instructor, Reloading instructor and Range Safety Officer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

You will need the M98. kscchtrainer is right in that you will more than likely need to inlet the stock for a good fit. I had to take a few thousands off the sides of the trigger to get it to fit through the trigger guard of my 24/47.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:06 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

mschoe1, would that be the M98 FN, or M98 K? After doing more research since I got home, I am hinking the FN as I am guessing the K stands for the Carbine?? Wasn't the original Yugo 24 made by FN out of Belgium?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Good question, I can't be sure. I would call and check, but I would assume the M98K would be the one to use since the 24/47 is based upon the 98K action. You are going to love the trigger.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:04 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I can't wait! Next week I am placing the order for the trigger, an S&K mount and a Simmons 4x32 prohunter. Can't wait to put it all together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Sometimes you have to fit those triggers to the action also so they will work properly. Sometimes the sear sticks through the action too high to allow the bolt to be placed in or allow the sear part on the bolt to engage correctly. When you place the trigger on the action by placing the trigger housing pin through the slots with the holes in it that holds the trigger to the action and then tighten up the allen screw at the front of the trigger housing to lock everything up tight it will cock the back end of the trigger housing up toward the tang of the action too much causing the sear of the trigger to stick through the hole in the action too much. You can fix this by placing little metal shims between the trigger housing and the tang of the action so the sear will not stick through as much. Trial and error on how thick you need these shims to get the engagement of sear you need. When you tighten up the allen screw it will cock the back of the trigger housing up against the shims and hold them tight against the tang of the action. Some times the sear will not stick through enough and you may have to file down the underside of action tang to allow the sear to stick up more. I had to do the shim thing to a Mark X Mauser 98 to get a BOLD trigger to work properly once. Just something to keep in mind if the trigger seems not to work properly for you. Good luck and good shooting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Thanks for the headsup! A lot of good info to be on the look out for.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:47 am 

When they say FN, they're usually talking about commercial actions. The military '98 aftermarket trigger will fit any military Mauser whether it is German (GEW, Kar or K), Belgian Yugo, Czech or Turk. Whether it'll fit in the stock is another issue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:52 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I have several single stage triggers available. This allows a continous trigger pull and not the two stage trigger. Let me know? This will not modify your fully athentic rifle!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:53 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

wish I had known that yesterday guns, already placed the order for trigger and scope. Would you happen to have one for a MN 91/30?