Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Question about pre war PPK

M67
Slovenia

#1 Post by M67 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:54 am

What do you think of this PPK? I have the option to buy this little pistol. But I'm afraid it has been rebbluing. There is no waffenamt! The numbers (832xxx) are strong, the safety lever 90 degrees.
Thanks for your opinions.
Attachments
PPK.jpg
PPK 1.jpg
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

gonzogeezer
Germany

#2 Post by gonzogeezer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 am

Early 1935 commercial. You will find ‘Crown over N’ proofmarks. Do sit have the signal pin (loaded chamber indicator)? They were an option in the early years. The photos are very poor, but based on them I’d say it’s been refinished. And the grips are not original either; are they one-piece or two?

M67
Slovenia

Re: Question about pre war PPK

#3 Post by M67 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:25 am

Yes, I noticed proof mark (Nitro?) N and crown above. I think it is too black! Price is ok (350 eur) however I shoul avoid it. Grips ? I dont know.
I'm really sorry. I want one with a 90 degree safety lever. Thanks for the advice.
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

gonzogeezer
Germany

#4 Post by gonzogeezer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 am

I understand. Mine is a 1936 commercial, ‘ohne Signalstift’. All original finish and grips (cracked, unfortunately).

M67
Slovenia

#5 Post by M67 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 am

Beautiful +++. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “German Pistols”