Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

.32 French Long ammunition

Les Révolvers et Pistolets de Militaires Français, Mle.1873, 1892, 1935, Unique, Ruby, et alia
72 usmc
United States of America

Re: .32 French Long ammunition

#16 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 pm

I have 700 rounds of original French, steel case, berdan primed .32 long all with dead primers. I would like to find the hole size in order to see if a US boxer small or large pistol primer can be used. I might just forget about it because I think I would have to enlarger the pocket & drill flash hole so a boxer primer would work. At this point if I can find some boxer brass accurately cut I will just pull the bullet and use the powder in a new brass boxer shell. The original French steel case is cut perfect and ejects just fine on all 4 of my pistols. Both the few that fire and all the duds. But the American machined brass from 2 sources varies in specs and works in some 1935 pistols and jams in others. It depends on the pistol --- some like Buffalo cut brass others favor Old Western Scroungers brass. Each differs in the cut for the extractor by batch. This is due to possible different set ups, machines, and people doing the machining. The case differences are visible in the rim size and extractor cuts that cause some batches to workor not work in specific pistols. This is there factory made cartridges- not reloads.

I am still trying to paint a house and am slow due heart problems- so I hope to play with it this winter. Or I will just pull the dead French steel case stuff for its bullet and powder and use new dependable boxer brass. I do not think any Us made boxer primers will fit the pocket after I pull the berdan primer. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I just wish Prvi would produce this ammo-- they would sell more of the .32 French long than the Nagant ammo.
So can anyone measure a military French steel case berdan pirmer pocket both depth and size??? :think: :think: :think: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

SWIHARTMARK is working on a way to machine correct accurate to spec Brass Cases as good and consistent as the original French ammo cases were. But these will be boxer reloadable. then the only problem will be finding the fired cases because those fantastic French 1935 a and s pistols throw the brass into the next field. They really like to toss out the brass way, way, far away :lol: :lol:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: .32 French Long ammunition

#17 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm

To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “French Pistols”