Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

I finally have a CZ-75

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

Re: I finally have a CZ-75

#16 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:53 am

Gunbroker seller dwjimports has a really nice selection of CZ-75s and Jericho pistols. Most of his items seem to be Israeli surplus. He has several different varieties of CZs, compacts, etc. He also lists a lot of Hi-Powers, FEGs, Kareens, Sigs and Berettas from Israel. Many of his items ship free, and he was very easy to deal with--highly recommended. His starting bids are reasonable--just high enough that you can usually find what you are looking for without having to engage in a bidding frenzy. His import mark is discreetly placed on the underside of the barrel (the actual barrel, not visible when the slide is in battery). I'm not sure why I'm revealing all these details about one of my favorite sources but it's just between us friends, right?

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

#17 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:04 am

When I was deciding on a CZ-75, I almost bought one with the rarer phosphate finish. I finally went with the black paint finish, because to me that is part of a CZ-75's "essence." It's one of the idiosyncrasies that make it just a bit different. I have found the finish on mine to be pretty durable, as I have seen some that seem to have problems with the finish flaking off (I think it's a matter of whether or not the curing process was a "good bake"). Also, it's easy to touch up any bare spots with a paint pen. From more than a few inches away the blemishes disappear...
Attachments
CZ-75 (4).JPG
Last edited by PennsylvaniaRifleman on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

#18 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:12 am

Shown here are the three different types of magazines I mentioned earlier: Left to right (edit: oops it changed the orientation so from bottom to top:), the CZ "factory Pre-B" 16 round mag (actually made by Mec-Gar I believe), the Mec-Gar 17 round "anti-friction finish" with distinctive blue follower, and the Mec-Gar 16 round "B" magazine. All of these fit in my particular pre-B pistol, although as mentioned previously that is never a guarantee. I purchased all of these from Greg Cote llc, my go-to source for magazines.
Attachments
CZ-75 (5).JPG

LTG
United States of America

#19 Post by LTG » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:14 pm

Beautiful find!! Been looking myself for a blued transitional model without any luck. I would be satisfied with a pre b model in nice condition like yours.

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#20 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks for the tip. I found a nice tanfoglio that caught my eye.
I will have to sell something to make room or my mom will be pissed.
I see they do not come with mags, but thats not a deal breaker.
But as the dornus and dixon bren 10 was copied from the cz in part it reminded me the bren 10 was often shipped without a magazine. Not good for what people were paying for them. And no source for mags on the market unlike now.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

Curtis762
United States of America

#21 Post by Curtis762 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:33 pm

I have owned several CZ's in the past. The 75, VZ58, 75 compact, 550 full stock and hopefully more in the future. My 75 was a 2009 model, if I remember correctly, but I sold it. Awesome pistol, so I ended up with the compact 75 and I love it. I just found it easier to carry the compact concealed. Enjoy it and shoot it, they are like wine and get better with time, and ammo sent through them.

Return to “Czech Pistols”