http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:46 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

On Jan. 5 2009 I placed an order with Gunny's surplus out of Union , OH via phone for an M16A1 upper bbl/receiver assembly. I gave the order taker (Gunny?) my address and credit card info. , and as of today (Jan. 20) have still not received my order. I am approx. 500 miles from Union OH. He stated when I placed the order that it would be shipped within one week via Fedex. I have spoken with him three times by phone over the last several days and requested a Fedex tracking number. All three times lame excuses were given, (e.g., I told my wife yesterday to email you your tracking number, guess she forgot!) , for me not having received my order, much less a tracking number.

The saving grace is that my credit card has not yet been charged yet for the order.

Based on my experience so far, I certainly would not recommend doing business with this company.

Has anyone else had a bad experience dealing with this outfit?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:15 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Google got me this: viewtopic.php?p=341351#p341351

[19:59] <wvrrcarknocker> if I did everything you guys told me to, well, then I be a respectable citizen, and where the hell would that get me?
[19:59] <burner> Laid?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I made 2 orders of a bunch of non-gun items from him last year... Took almost 3 months to finally get all of the stuff on the 2 orders... He charged my card for both orders when i ordered.. Only got my stuff after I threatened to file fraud charges on him..Would never buy anything from that dog excrement again..

NRA
TSRA
SASS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thanks for the information gentlemen. It's amazing that a business that treats customers like this can still be around!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Every time I would call is was some other song and dance.. Said he was swamped and every other excuse you could think of, yet twice when I called he was on the golf course...

NRA
TSRA
SASS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:17 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Gunny's surplus finally came through!
My upper recvr./bbl assy. finally arrived via Fedx on Mar. 3. I had pretty much given up. It is in very good cond. and shoots great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:01 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

mainlineman wrote:
Gunny's surplus finally came through!
My upper recvr./bbl assy. finally arrived via Fedx on Mar. 3. I had pretty much given up. It is in very good cond. and shoots great.

Glad to hear it.

Any pictures??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Glad to here it worked out for you. I ordered mine in late Dec. and asked for a black upper(hoping for a good shooter). The upper arrived in a timely manner in fantastic condition(I think the barrel is new). I will admit though that it does look like I might have been lucky after reading the issues guys in the retro section of arfcom had.