Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Classic Firearms sks

volkswaffen
United States of America

Classic Firearms sks

#1 Post by volkswaffen » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Hey everyone, i was just curious if anyone here had ordered a Chinese sks that classic firearms is selling for $299. I sold my early model m59 yugo that I had purchased from SOG a few years back when I was hard up for money and have regretted it ever since. I’ve never dealt with classic before and hearing mixed reviews on what they are offering. Pic of my old yugo for attention
Attachments
B9B2A3EC-7E9E-42BB-A23E-8DC22900706B.jpeg

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Classic Firearms sks

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:36 pm

I would not gamble with a crap shoot at Classic. You are in Ohio. The guy I recommend is in Oxford, Ohio. I would contact a good-as-gold seller, Todd at Family Firearms and Finishes and see what he has. I have not got stuff because I am way short on cash and too many health problems, but Todd always had the best of the best. Sure, you may pay more, but it will be a quality piece. He never sold common junk. I am not sure what he has, best to call, he is in Ohio. I have not reviewed his inventory since Aug.

see viewtopic.php?f=102&t=852

If you want cheep, average garbage or worse, go to Classic, if you want a firearm that is in best condition or rare marks please give Todd a call. He always had fair prices. I got some of my best stuff from him -Toks & Mosins
Our phone lines are open 10am to 7pm eastern time Monday - Saturday. We use the same number for phones as we do for the FAX and we must be here to receive a fax. Do not try to fax us outside of these hours as it will not work anyway. If you try to FAX us and it doesen't go through, leave a message and I will call you back when we return to the shop.

1-513-524-9517

You can also email us the C&R or questions to my direct email:

todd@familyfirearmsandfinishes.com
Empire arms is also good. With Todd you can call & talk too him, you can tell him what you want and the condition you requirer/expect. He stands by all his stuff. Back in the day he would go to the big boys and select 2-10 of the best out of 200 rifles or pistols he searched out that day.
Last edited by 72 usmc on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Here is one that chose poorly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

Not on an SKS, but you can expect this service & maybe quality. It is a roll of the dice. If they have a video of the unboxing of those SKS rifles, view the worst example and expect that, if you receive any better you will be happy. :whistle: :whistle: Well maybe? :shhh: :snooty: :snooty: The old recent story & warning: viewtopic.php?f=11&p=26544#p26544

:lol: :D :doh: :doh:
My 2 cents from an old Jar head: See https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4efb617d-e ... 97921590f8
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Here are the Classic videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHbyD8FoJ8
https://www.classicfirearms.com/video/c ... -unboxing/
https://www.classicfirearms.com/video/m ... se-762x39/
Others show video of their rifle received, best to watch these & roll the dice. Check out U tube

also lots of reviews on line to review, Classic must have received a ton of them around 2019. So the numbers seem to be on your side as per the gamble- do you feel lucky? :think:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Chine ... 83-165292/

volkswaffen
United States of America

#5 Post by volkswaffen » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:55 pm

I actually picked up a nagant revolver about 7 years ago from family firearms at a Dayton gun show. He was super cool to talk to and it was a mint looking piece. That’s another gun I wish I still had and prices were still $130 haha

volkswaffen
United States of America

#6 Post by volkswaffen » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Just looking for a shooter honestly, nothing rare or a show piece but I will check and see what he has. Thanks for the info and reminding me of a good seller. I’ve been out of the loop for a long time.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#7 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:06 am

volkswaffen wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:55 pm
I actually picked up a nagant revolver about 7 years ago from family firearms at a Dayton gun show. He was super cool to talk to and it was a mint looking piece. That’s another gun I wish I still had and prices were still $130 haha

I bought 3 of them when they first came in 94. for 50 bucks ea., people just weren't buying them because they consider them a novelty. and yes, I still have them :dance: one is a czarist 1915, other 2 1940 and 1944
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

volkswaffen
United States of America

#8 Post by volkswaffen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:07 am

if I remember right mine was a 1935 tula. I traded it for a motorcycle project 😂

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#9 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:45 am

I bought 3 of them when they first came in 94. for 50 bucks ea., people just weren't buying them because they consider them a novelty.
Mine is a bring back. I remember those Nagants were cheep because there was no ammo when they came out at around 1997-2000 at the fat price of $79 AIM & SOG. Every one was shooting slug 32 S&W longs. But even bring backs were $150 back around 2003. I did not know they were around as early as 1994. Who imported them that early? Century?
Mine is a nice used pistol & rig from an Army Sergeant that was in Berlin. Old WW II neighbor that is now gone. Who would have thought import marked ones are going $350-400. I wonder what a bring back is worth?
A 1929 Tula showing its age & WW II use.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3611

I wish I would have purchased a Russian SKS with a tin of ammo at $129. Tons at the Fond du Lac Wi gun show around 1999. Big error :doh: :doh:
I went for a new 1948 Izzy M44 in the SOG paper wrap, back then they matched and had matching Russian prefix serial numbers & new barrels & stocks. Those were I think 75 bucks. I always favored bolt actions. :violin: Too nice to shoot, later the box stores had tons of Century imported M44s at $59. I collected them by the year. I never found a non import marked bring back M44. It is a shame they later put the import mark on the receiver action rather than the barrel.

volkswaffen
United States of America

#10 Post by volkswaffen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:56 pm

I’d have to look at my m44 again ,but I think mine is barrel marked from century. I paid $129 back in 2009, it was the only one on the shelf and nobody wanted it because the 91/30s were the hot thing for $89.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#11 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:10 pm

72 usmc wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:45 am
I did not know they were around as early as 1994. Who imported them that early? Century?
yeah, they were around in 94, and yep it was imported by CENTURY the import stamps where light stamped on the bottom of the barrel, I bought them from a dealer at a gun show when I was stationed at Ft. Carson in Colorado Springs.

in fact I bought several firearms that year since I was retiring the following year, 95. a brand new Soviet non-refurbished SKS for $110or 120 bucks.
a Chinese paratrooper with a scope rail for 70 or 80 bucks, wasn't till sometime between 97-2000 I found the scope for it here at a Cleveland gun show, on a "junk table" :mrgreen:

also, got soviet military Makarov, for something like 130 bucks and a Egyptian MAADI AKM for something like 190 bucks I know that It was less then 200. which I then mail ordered a brand new in wrapper Soviet AKM stock set from GLOBAL for 40 or maybe 50 bucks

still have all of them in my safe :mrgreen:
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

volkswaffen
United States of America

#12 Post by volkswaffen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Sure wish I had a time machine. So many things that I’ve passed on buying, that I kick myself for now.

Return to “General Firearms Topics”