Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

The late great Stephen A. Camp

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

The late great Stephen A. Camp

#1 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:33 pm

A gun-writer I truly miss is Stephen A. Camp. From his days posting on various gun forums, to the creation of his excellent Hipowersandhandguns website, he always had a down-to-earth style that belied his truly impressive knowledge and experience. His way of writing was influential without being "in your face," with a complete lack of pretense or showiness. I still enjoy re-reading his articles over and over; of course it helps that my preferences in handguns closely mirror his. Shown below are a few of the handguns from my collection that Mr. Camp wrote about extensively. Of course the Browning would be his favorite, but he was also partial to the S&W Model 10 and the CZ-75. He wrote a lot about the Makarov, and like me, enjoyed having a Colt Agent around for how it represents the epitome of a 60's era carry gun. Any other fans of his here? Anyone who is unfamiliar with his site should definitely check it out. Unfortunately, he passed away suddenly--I guess it's been almost a decade ago...

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/
Attachments
Stephen A. Camp inspired handguns (2).JPG

vonalt
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: The late great Stephen A. Camp

#2 Post by vonalt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 pm

He also had a fondness for the Star BM, if I recall he had one customized as a carry gun. I also followed his website and corresponded with him occasionally. Wish we had more enthusiasts like him in the ranks.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: The late great Stephen A. Camp

#3 Post by Rapidrob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:03 pm

I just read his book on the Browning Hi Power pistols. His police experiences are an interesting read. He will be missed.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “General Firearms Topics”