Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Lakeland Fl Gun show Jan 19th - 20th

indy1919a4
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Lakeland Fl Gun show Jan 19th - 20th

#1 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:50 am

I do not know if this is allowed.. So if not, please someone Nuke this, I am sorry and beat me with rubber hoses.. I usually go not like promoting gun shows. But darn it over the past few years good ones with lots of older guns are harder and harder to come by.

So In Lakeland Florida this weekend there are going to have a pretty big show. Also this is more a collectors gun show then a show with newer guns and beef jerky. I just heard it is now over 500 tables and is in two aircraft hangers. It is at this place called Fun 'n Sun which is at this airport. There is a nice airplane museum with a lot of outside display aircraft for those of us to cheap to cough up the price of admission :).

Have been to this show a couple times, the gun prices are somewhat high. But both times I went I found a couple deals.. And lots to look at. Parking is free.

http://www.lakelandgunshow.com/

Anywho anyone who may be attending let me know, I would not mind meeting up with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Lakeland Fl Gun show Jan 19th - 20th

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Too far to drive on a bad tranny, :violin:

:lol: Also in WI out biggest show Is at the Fond du Lac fair grounds this Sat a & Sunday. Always a good time. This show allows estate, one time sales of firearms sold off after the collector dies by a family. THIS is the :arrow: Best source of normally priced WW I guns. Otherwise, it's like most shows with high priced vendors. Generally displays or firearms sales, not rummage related items. Over 500 tables and it takes at least an hour to walk down each row at a good pace. Generally 3 hours to view all tables after a quick run through. Generally nice for surplus goodies, but prices are getting a little out of range for most normal retired people or any that have a $10 an hour job. A great show for high rollers. I generally do well picking up some books, toy soldiers, parts, bayonets, collectable ammo or uniform web gear related items.
see http://www.centralwisconsingun.org/http ... Dates.html

So both edges of the US are covered, Yanks and Rebels :lol:

Likewise, I am the first or so in line with the orange "College of Menominee Nation" hat.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

checkmate19
United States of America

#3 Post by checkmate19 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 am

Good Luck at the show, is this the Lakeland gun and knife show usually at the convention center? I went to it several years ago and found some nice stuff, one visit I purchased 3 1911s from a guy and once found a IHC/SA gap letter in original condition for 700.00. I stopped going as it was just to crowded and run out of spending cash.

Keep us posted on your trip , Im going to the Tamp travel trailer show today, thinking of thinning the herd for a new camper. :D

indy1919a4
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by indy1919a4 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:15 pm

It is the same. They moved it to the the Fun & Sun place.. I think this is the second time there at the new location. last time at Fun & Sun it was real crowded because they only used one hanger, this time it was 2.. Hay to be honest towards the middle of the show it was still getting a tad crowded, because of so many people. There was still a queue of people getting in nearly at 11:00. 2 hours after it opened.. I did like the quantity of old rifles there. 2 things that jumped out was a real nice Wall gun and a Swedish mauser that was cut down to be used in artillery as a sub-caliber trainer. NEVER seen the latter before... There was a guy in the walk in line with a semi Bren that called me.. But he did not know who converted it for him and he had not shot it.. I really like to buy conversions like that from someone who can say.. Hell Yeah I put 500 rounds through it... Here are some issues or it ran like flawlesss.

It was a hell of a show...

How was the Tamp traveler show...??? Never heard of it before... and crap I hate to ask this what are you thinking of selling???

butcharoot
United States of America

#5 Post by butcharoot » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 am

I have to agree with indy1919a4, went on Sunday. With 2 halls there was more room between the rows. A lot of older guns, found a nice M1916 Spanish Mauser. No charge for parking, $12 to get in.

indy1919a4
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#6 Post by indy1919a4 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:13 pm

butcharoot wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 am
I have to agree with indy1919a4, went on Sunday. With 2 halls there was more room between the rows. A lot of older guns, found a nice M1916 Spanish Mauser. No charge for parking, $12 to get in.
You really are right, and not only alot of older guns, by alot of variety of guns.. Civil war to WW II... infact I would go as far to say that there was not alot of overlap of a gun type.. IE. Like sometimes you find every 3rd table with a Garand on it for that show.. (You know, not like that is a bad thing :) )

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#7 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:15 pm

We have a decent gjn show over here in Drland @ the volushia county fairgrounds. Free parking, 5 bucks to get in. Lots of newer guns. Not as much military surplus firearms for my liking.
They have one on january 26 & 27 2019 this weekend. I woukd like to go but i am cash poor from other projects.
Plus i don"t drive.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

Return to “General Firearms Topics”