PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:13 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

does anyone know where to find one?

Post subject: Re: EAA ZASTAVA M88
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:29 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

williams shooters supply inc, of quincy, IL. info@willshoot.com . they are listed in their catalog, but i can't say thhey are in stock.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

cool! thanks! even though you're not sure if they have them in stock it's a start, lol, been looking for one since i read about it in i think the magazine was called American Handgun or something like that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:58 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

I collect Tokarevs, and the m88 is on my list. i have my own ffl, so i've not been in a hurry. when surplus comes up, you have to grab it while you can. but as the m88 is new and still being made, it can wait for me...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Not sure what they're selling for currently, but I picked one up from a buddy for $200. Looked new and wasn't even broke in yet. I suspected it was a fair, if not good, deal. It shoots pretty good - I had some problems at first shooting cast bullets but it handles FMJ very well. It feels like a mini Tokarev in my hands.

On a side note, a couple weeks ago I was at the range breaking in my M88 and a "Blackwater" buddy walked up to me and said as he looked at the M88, "Don't buy cheap guns". I told him that I have over 80 guns and most were pretty cheap since I buy a lot of surplus. He said, "How can you ever expect to become proficient in 80 guns." I told him, "I don't need to, I only need to be proficient in one - and that's the one I carry daily." :mrgreen: I like the guy but he's the typical gun "know it all".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:21 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Black Wolf , you did very well. they are listed at a little over 2oo in my catalog. but that doesn't include shipping and transfer fees and taxes. I have my own ffl, so i only have to worrry about shipping and taxes. I cut myself a deal on transfer fees since i am such a good customer..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Quote:
I cut myself a deal on transfer fees since i am such a good customer.

That's funny.

Do you have a store front that you work out of it - or your home. I've been comptemplating getting my Dealer license but wasn't too sure about the home-front store issue. Thought I could make a few dollars doing some sales to my gun buddies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Black Wolf wrote:
Not sure what they're selling for currently, but I picked one up from a buddy for $200. Looked new and wasn't even broke in yet. I suspected it was a fair, if not good, deal. It shoots pretty good - I had some problems at first shooting cast bullets but it handles FMJ very well. It feels like a mini Tokarev in my hands.

On a side note, a couple weeks ago I was at the range breaking in my M88 and a "Blackwater" buddy walked up to me and said as he looked at the M88, "Don't buy cheap guns". I told him that I have over 80 guns and most were pretty cheap since I buy a lot of surplus. He said, "How can you ever expect to become proficient in 80 guns." I told him, "I don't need to, I only need to be proficient in one - and that's the one I carry daily." :mrgreen: I like the guy but he's the typical gun "know it all".

cool!

yeahh.. i've dealt with that kind in the past, they always clam up after my rifle (mainly my Lee-Enfield and SKS) out does their pet AR-15, lol