http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

hello everyone, I just got a new m57 tok from SOG and it is in perfect shape, but I think it has a problem. when I pull the slide the rod under the barrel sticks out just as far as the barrel does, is this normal? You cant depress it to get the bushing off.The rod that gos through the recoil spring is a 2 piece rod that has a hinge looking thing connecting the 2 pieces , I cant find a diagram online that has one like it, thanks for any help

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=77382 :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

thank you vz58kid,I am glad to see that mine isnt broke,so when I work the slide the recoil spring rod should stick out under the barrel? thanks again for your time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I know that there is a long lag between your original post and this reply, but I felt it was worth posting as I had the same problem and the solution might help others. One of the final steps in the assembly of a Yugo Tokarev Mod 57 is to slightly push back on the slide and insert the slide stop, then anchor it with the slide stop retaining clip. If you push the slide too far, you will miss the hole window of the barrel link, thereby placing the slide stop ahead of the barrel link. Here is an explosion of the Tokarev so we are on the same page:

http://www.sksman.com/part/Tokarev%20parts.php

When placing the slide stop, only push the slide slightly to the point that you see the barrel link and then insert the slide stop. Always then lock down the retaining clip!

I have to say that I could not figure out this problem for several assembly disassembly attempts and thought it was something in the trigger group or the the safety add on, but then I did the assembly without these parts and found that it was just in the front end of the gun. Something to also look for is that the barrel has the articulating spring assembly and this must be placed in such a way to assure that the spring does indeed bend correctly to assure proper assembly. I took this spring apart during my cosmoline clean up and it was very frustrating. I hope this helps all of those that are interested in the Tokarev Mod 57. It is a truly amazing pistol and I recommend it to any gun owning enthusiast.