http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 92FS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Under surplusrifle.com main page, pistol section, Maintenance, could someone show with pictures and text how to disassemble and reassemble this pistol? Some of the text only does not do such a good job and the instructions contained in the manual is not any better. Hoping someone will take this on as a project. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Beretta 92FS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Go here and download the videos, http://www.beretta92fs.com/.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Super simple to take down. I am sure it is on youtube somewhere. IMO it is even easier than a glock and that is pretty simple.

Any specific questions let us know and I am sure someone could talk you through it.

I also am not sure that the 92FS classifies as a milsurp since to my knowledge the Govt has never surplused them. It would be very cool if they did, I would pick another one for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Thanks for the replies. I am going to take down one this week-end. It's a used blue one and appears a little dirty. Best I can determine is: 1) unload 2) safety on 3) remove disassembly pin/latch 4) slide assembly forward and off frame intact with barrel and spring 5) turn-over slide, remove spring and barrel 6) clean and lightly oil all parts 7) take apart mag and clean and oil 8) clean and oil mag well 9) reassemble slide,barrel, spring assembly and slide back onto frame aligning hole for disassembly pin 10) insert disassembly pin. Do not pull trigger during process. Leave safety in on position during entire process. Question is: Have I missed anything, or is there anything else that I need to know? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:18 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Close but not quite. There is no pin to remove.

1) unload 2) safety on 3) depress button on side of frame 3a) On opposite side of frame turn take down lever 90 degrees 4) slide assembly forward and off frame intact with barrel and spring 5) turn-over slide, remove spring and barrel 6) clean and lightly oil all parts 7) take apart mag and clean and oil clean and oil mag well 9) reassemble slide,barrel, spring assembly and slide back onto frame, flip the take down latch back to original position 10) Function check.

Very simple once you have it in hand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Thanks! I did it. This didn't get to the firing pin, etc., but if that's all Beretta recommends, then ok. Again, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Great glad it worked out for you. Pretty simple once you had it in your hand right. :thumb:

That is as far as you need to take it down to clean it, anything more take it to a gunsmith.