http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I would like to my carry CZ 82 refinished (I wish I could afford one of the slick new finishes). I'm looking for a reference for a dependable place to send Rayna ((Czech for queen) for a new finish. Any information on cost would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yugo SKS (2-1973) Mosin Nagant m91 (1933 Tula) CZ52 (2-1954,1955) CZ82 (2-1987,1989)
m1969 Romanian .22 Trainer (1983)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

might want to try Shuffs one of our sposors.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

EdHoffer wrote:
might want to try Shuffs one of our sposors.

does he do CZ-82's?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I don't think so,but check his site.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:31 pm 

If Shuff's can't do it, remember shipping charges can add a LOT to the cost of the job, so local may be better.

"If you need Anything more, you either love to waste money on useless crap, or have to wear flip flops, because you are too stupid for Velcro sneakers." Burner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I bet he can, you just need to call him and send him the components you want blued. Most companies won't do a complete tear down as complex as a 82 but you only want some of the main components done and if you read the threads there are some good guides.

I did 4 of my own, so it's not impossible.

Ed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:21 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I've seen several threads on here where guys have done some of the do-it-yourself finishes and they turned out amazing. Duracoat seems to be a stand out product, and there are others as well. Might be worth a try. Everyone loves one of those weekend projects that turns out so well you can spent the next year bragging about it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

sucngas wrote:
I've seen several threads on here where guys have done some of the do-it-yourself finishes and they turned out amazing. Duracoat seems to be a stand out product, and there are others as well. Might be worth a try. Everyone loves one of those weekend projects that turns out so well you can spent the next year bragging about it.

I have one of those weekend projects (LOOOOOOOOOONG weekend :lol: ) and love to brag about it still. Do keep in mind disassembling a CZ82 is not for the meak. They are a handfull. I have done two of them were I stripped the paint and polished and reblued the entire Pistol. I polished all the internal parts as well. (Long Winters in Wisconsin :lol: ). They sure look nice when your done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:33 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Thank you for all the information, gentlemen. I don't think I have the mechanical chops to do a complete tear down. I could still kick myself for sending the base plate of a CZ 52 magazine flying into the deep, dark recesses of my Wisconsin basement where things that biologists have never encountered lurk. Good thing I purchased several mags when they 1st came on the market. I assume that tearing down the piece would be the biggest price for a re-finish, if anyone does it. I'll let y'all know what, if anything, I find out.

I tried some cold bluing from Brownells on the tip of the barrel of my Mossberg 500 and it didn't do much, so I guess the heat treatment is the only way to go. It's still capable of launching some #4 buck in the direction of any uninvited house guests.

Yugo SKS (2-1973) Mosin Nagant m91 (1933 Tula) CZ52 (2-1954,1955) CZ82 (2-1987,1989)
m1969 Romanian .22 Trainer (1983)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Shuffs will do a completely broken down CZ52 or CZ82 for $125. I haven't shot my 52s in a couple of years and I just checked them yesterday and one is about 25% rusted. I clean and oil the outside of my weapons - probably too much. That sucks. Oh well, that's what you get in the humid Midwest without a gun safe and a dehumidifier. I guess my next step is to find out how much a gunsmith would charge to break them down. I know my limitations and I know that doing so myself would end in catastrophe. So there you have it.

It's funny - my Father was a professional jazz trumpet player before he got drafted. The poor man could barely tell what end of screwdriver to use, so of course they made him a flight mechanic for B-17s in the US Army Air Force. And of course they were repairing absolute wrecks when there were hundreds of brand new 17s stacked up in the dessert, and this was late in the War. Government logic at its best. I am a little better mechanic than he was, but not much.