Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Reloading accurate ammo mini articles

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

Reloading accurate ammo mini articles

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 am

I am not sure if the mods want links to these posted. I am not the author. It would be best if the author reposts these. It is his info. If allowed by the forum rules, I could provide a goggle link to a PDF for these 6 sections. The original author may not want this, hence I posted no links. The author, Carteach 0, produced some fantastic mini articles on reloading called "Reloading accurate rifle ammo 1 thru 6. These post remain intact with all there many photos on the Wayback machine. When starting out at reloading, I found these have great informative pointers and procedures. Better than most books. To find these go to the wayback machine click here :arrow: https://web.archive.org

Then type in "surplusrifleforum" on the search bar at the top of the screen.
On the screen you will see choice of selections to go to, Click on the top line/link "www . surplusrifleforum . com, 127360" This will retrieve information archived for the former forum.

You will see a SUMMARY calendar appear for the archived saves during all the years. Locate, find and click on the 2013 year box and a 2013 calendar will appear. Go down to the calendar and you will see a colored circle for the date, 30 may 2013, click on this and the former surplus rifle forum for that day will appear. Go to MINI ARTICLES section. You will see the saved posts for the RELOADING ACCURATE AMMO sections 1 thru 6. For those that liked the "A look inside ammo types" by this author, these articles also remain intact. They can be down loaded/exported as a PDF onto your hard drive for you to save. Or you can print out paper copies before they are gone or blocked. SAVE STUFF or it may be gone :violin: Lots of posts are lacking photos, some are blocked by Robot txt or you get a Hrm message-- so save them for your records while you can. Each day/year saves a snapshot in time and produces different results. Old posts I saved and search for under the URL or Http seem to be blocked- --I end up back on the new SRF forum saying the topic does not exist when you can find some using the above search method. These were significant contributions to the history/content of the former forum. Just fantastic.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

professrh
United States of America

Re: Reloading accurate ammo mini articles

#2 Post by professrh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks for posting this, 72 usmc! Not only did it alert me to an excellent set of mini-articles, it also gave me a procedure for downloading info off the wayback machine--one that preserves the photos and the format intact. Grateful for both.

--Prof

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 pm

test works to link :doh: :dance: :clap: These have pictures and are complete pre crash editions. I have noticed on my older 2003 computer these do not work, but on the libraries new computers and the neighbors 2016 computer they do. It takes about a minute to down load so you can see the pictures. There are also redone versions by Zeliard where he combined all of these into bigger/ larger posts that include 2 or 3 of these original posts into a larger edited post that can be found on the last pages ( see page 3) of this sections reloading pages. Pictures are large on the original posts and you can save ink on Zeliard's edited versions because pictures a much smaller. It just depends what you want. Carteacho set these up so you do not have photo splits when printing these out.

Section 1 section 2
section 3

section 4

section 5
Last edited by 72 usmc on Sat May 12, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:39 pm

section 6 end of reloading basics. these are from an old file I had prior to the GREAT EXTINCTION

I am not sure how long these will remain intact - so if you love them Iike I do, BEST :arrow: :arrow: :shhh: PRINT THEM OUT TO SAVE

These were one of the old forum's best stickies :clap: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :text-bravo:

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Links that are in order of Zelaird's post crash edited versions of Carteacho's original posts ( more compact & small photos). One should be able to view these even with an ancient out dated computer. I can see them on my 2003 Mac.
Part 1
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=367

Part 2
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=369

reloading neck ve full length
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=370

slowbob2
United States of America

#6 Post by slowbob2 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 pm

The reloading posts you listed are an ok example of basic reloading . BUT a lot of the stuff in the old article listings is really bad , I mean wrong , dangerous or just plain BS .

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#7 Post by 72 usmc » Sun May 13, 2018 10:24 am

They are what they are. RCBS also has a video. http://usa.palmettostatearmory.com/rcbs ... gI1rPD_BwE
I have never seen it. Each reloader has his or her own ideas, short cuts, or cheeper ways to go.
Most of the major companies Lee, Rcbs, Dillon have info on beginning reloading. So there are a lot of other examples out there. That old post was one of the 2003 forums highest post count back in the day. I assume it's the authors take on things.

I actually do not go for the berdan conversions- it is just easier to buy the correct marked brass for a rifle if its not some odd ball, obsolete cartridge. I hate reformed brass with different caliber markings then the rifle it should be used in. I like my brass headstamped correctly. l NEVER buy someones reloads- they could be loaded too hot, or made for some other caliber than marked; example, Jap ammo out of 30-06 brass, or neck sized ammo that might not fit another rifle. Most gun shows are no longer allowing the sale of powder. Never buy used flee market or rummage sale powder where it might have two types mixed together-- all accidents waiting to happen. There can be pages of cautions. The more you read and the more you work with an experienced reloader, like all things- the more you learn. So for all, always take stuff with a grain of salt. Those were one old the old stickies and reposted because some are still searching for them.

slowbob2
United States of America

#8 Post by slowbob2 » Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm

That is not what I am saying . The links you posted are ok basic reloading instructions . I am talking about the series of articles on the old surplus site , listed at the top of the home page under " articles " . There are a bunch there written about reloading with cast bullets or for military rifles by the worst reloader I have ever seen . That guy had no idea what he was doing , lied about his shooting results and posted some real dangerous stuff . I am not talking about how someone does something a little different .

Return to “Reloading”