Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

6.5 Carcano ammo and clip values

smokem
United States of America

6.5 Carcano ammo and clip values

#1 Post by smokem » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello all:
Just inherited some clean, tarnished 1941 6.5 carcano on clips . What are the loaded round going for; also what are good condition clips going for.
Clips with 5 biullet?
Also have a box of clean, look like new 20 8.5 Carcano on clips , so129 g. SP hunting ammo, by Global Arms. What are they going for?
Thanks;
smokem

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: 6.5 Carcano ammo and clip values

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 am

The enblock clips seem to be priced and have an asking price around $7 -12 depending on markings and condition. Do they sell? The 6.5 ammo is a hard find in the original box, but single rounds say about a buck a round if in a clip I have seen it marked as $15 per loaded enblock clip at WI gun shows. Now if its a rare marking, they may sell fast. Generally you see more 7.35 Carcano in boxes at $ 15 to $25 per box, but a box of 6.5 Carcano, unopened, I have seen for as high as $50. You just do not find unmarked, unopened 6.5 Carcano ammo still in a nice box. A complete box is better. Most of the boxes have a huge old price like $1 written over the front of the box which destroys it's value as a display box. Brass Carcano enblock clips are nice (early) and most are generally in black steel. Hunting ammo is so -so. It is so old it may not fire, so its a risk at a quarter a round. You are a winner if they are in Original, military, Italian, clean unopened boxes and it is 6.5 ammo-- a nice desirable box for collectors.
Now that being said, take this with a grain of salt, when an old guy like me dies, we all got lots of surplus ammo stored and prices can be 2 bucks a clip and 25 cent per dirty round because the family is wanting to dump the stuff fast at a gun show. There is a difference between asking price and what it will actually sell for. THIS IS MORE LIKE WHAT SELLS> I generally find them around $5 with ammo in the enblock clip. Now :doh: :shhh: if it is Ap or Tracer ammo you really got some nice collectable cartridges/ammo that people will buy. Here is some history:

http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/c ... story.html

Carcano enblock clips are more common than French Berthier enblock clips. Too bad they are not lebel rounds!
Also, there are not a lot of people, that have to have a Carcano. So you got to find that right guy or gal that actually collects them. A box of Prvi Carcano ammo in 6.5 is approximately $16-20 per box of 20. see https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10017 ... -box-of-20

Now it would be nice if you got the rifle, helmets or Italian web gear , bayonets... Ammo, its a risk to see if it fires so people only buy it for components or as collector/display ammo. Now lets see what the Carcano collectors say.

Is that ammo in boxes? Airforce1 and Ren Hoek are the big Carcano collectors. PM them or lets see what they say.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “General Ammunition”