new .32 French long

Kevinofborg

Re: new .32 French long

Post by Kevinofborg »

Has anyone used any of the Starline brass yet?

Thanks
Kevin
kevinofborg
TX

72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: new .32 French long

Post by 72 usmc »

Photos restored 26 June 2020
Has anyone used any of the Starline brass yet?
Only a year late in reply...
People all have had great results firing Steinel ammunition that utilizes Starline factory Brass. There are 71 positive reviews on the web page. That is a trial of some 75 or more different pistols. I have 4 pistols; two A and S versions and all four fired fine. I did not find it stout, as some report. It fires the same as military French ammunition. reviews see
https://www.steinelammo.com/product/7-6 ... -50-count/
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.08.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 10.50.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 10.50.17 AM.png (41.83 KiB) Viewed 156 times

Steinel uses Starline factory brass. YES, its the same cut as the military steel case. It works. It does not blow out the side cut. The 35 A and 35S extractors handle the perfect cut brass just like original military brass. Starline brass is GREAT. It is constant in base cuts and OAL in all batches. see
viewtopic.php?f=43&p=28097#p28097
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.09.18 AM.png
Old Western Scrounger and Buffalo brass is home made, machine cut to wrong specs and at $59 a box, most does not function in a majority of pistols due to odd machining that those French pistols do not like. No consistency in the brass cuts and modifications and this causes problems- mostly jams. Some fires, most does not. You will get the first or two shoots before a jam. You never can get through a complete mag. Others, have few problems with there pistol. Worse, is if the side rear cut at the extractor groove has a blow out and gas comes back onto your hand. All this trouble can now be avoided with the new brass produced by Starline. If you do not reload just buy Stencil ammunition and you are sure fire ready to go...
Hint; STEINEL WORKS! :arrow: If you have jams with Steniel ammo, it's your pistol that is problematic. Bad extractor or magazine :snooty:

Bear in mind that those 1935A and S pistols throw that new Starline cartridge into the next field. Expect some lost shells, worse if in tall grass. That is approximately 22 cents per case. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

I figure I buy Steinel ammunition first for $26 a box and then just reload the brass. I Keep 5 boxes as factory sure fire ammo as back up.

Most have observed that these French 1935 A and S pistols that were lucky to sell for $200-300, have climbed in value to around $500 to 600 since the production of good brass and factory Steniel ammo. Yesterday at a local shop, a 1935 A in a holster was marked $650 :snooty: :( :doh: . I am glad I got mine for less than $250 when they were wall hangers that nobody could shoot. Dies and the special RCBS shell holders are expensive if one has only a single pistol. However, Steinel ammo is a cheep way to shoot these wonderful slim pistols, and then sell off the once fired brass if you do not want to mess with reloading. End of story.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “General Ammunition”