http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

It's been awhile since i've seen anything P64 related here, I thought I wouldn't see them imported again but Classic has what sounds like the last batch, so I ordered one. Will post pics when it arrives. Feels great to be buying a Milsurp again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:55 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Gunfreak25 wrote:
It's been awhile since i've seen anything P64 related here, I thought I wouldn't see them imported again but Classic has what sounds like the last batch, so I ordered one. Will post pics when it arrives. Feels great to be buying a Milsurp again.

Just ordered one from Classic, looking forward to it! Pictures as well. I read that the trigger pull is a beast.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

The double action trigger pull is pretty terrible, but single action is pretty nice. The DA trigger pull is the only down side to the little gun as far as I'm concerned, they are great carry guns. I had one a few years ago and let a buddy talk me out of it...I will be replacing it soon. :wink:
arkyboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

It just shipped today. I was also reading about the 30lb DA trigger, looks like a wolf spring kit fixes the excessive recoil and the heavy trigger. From what i've read the mainspring is extra stiff for the hard military primers and added DA safety.

Still keeping an eye on their website as I am curious to see when they sell out. I did a little stock work for my dealer, so the transfer fee is on him. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Damn Arkyboy, long time no see!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I've been hiding...how've you been? :thumb:
arkyboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Quite fine, brother! Feels nice to buy surplus again, SRF was my first home and I lurk more than anything these day's.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I miss seeing Colonel Potter!

IOWA-Birth Place of John Wayne

There's more than one way to skin a cat, waiting till they are completely dead is the safest!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Man, you just reminded me how much I miss Spam, too. Saving that for Sunday cheat day my friend. Thank you....thank you.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Gunfreak25 wrote:
It just shipped today. I was also reading about the 30lb DA trigger, looks like a wolf spring kit fixes the excessive recoil and the heavy trigger. From what i've read the mainspring is extra stiff for the hard military primers and added DA safety.

Still keeping an eye on their website as I am curious to see when they sell out. I did a little stock work for my dealer, so the transfer fee is on him. :D

i wouldnt put springs in it it reduces the SA pull to too light the majority of your shots are SA the heavy DA is good so you can carry it one in the pipe and on fire, its pretty heavy but not impossible, recoil is snappy since its small and shirt barel but i love my P-64 its in 98% condition and crazy accurate, the DA is horrible but the SA is surprisingly smooth and relativly light. try it out before you buy the springs. i got mine when they had them for 179 with 2 mags holster and rod. i also have a Radom TT-33 and P-83 Wanad. I love polish gunz!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

alex124485 wrote:
Gunfreak25 wrote:

i wouldnt put springs in it it reduces the SA pull to too light the majority of your shots are SA the heavy DA is good so you can carry it one in the pipe and on fire, its pretty heavy but not impossible, recoil is snappy since its small and shirt barel but i love my P-64 its in 98% condition and crazy accurate, the DA is horrible but the SA is surprisingly smooth and relativly light. try it out before you buy the springs. i got mine when they had them for 179 with 2 mags holster and rod. i also have a Radom TT-33 and P-83 Wanad. I love polish gunz!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, with mine loaded I could not pull the DA trigger. I put lighter springs in and still have trouble with the DA trigger. One of these is good enough for me. I doubt that I'll buy another, not my cup of tea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Mine is due Thursday, i'm excited! Showed them to my brother who liked them so much, he sold his Hipoint tonight and also ordered a P64 from classic. Will post pics of both of course!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I love my p-64's, got 3 from J&G and 2 from Classic. All beautiful pistols and they all shoot well for me. In fact I personally think they are the most accurate hand guns I own (for me anyway and my wife is even pretty good with it). They do have some recoil but that doesn't bother me. I have 2 CZ-82's and I like them too but so far I seem to shoot the P-64 better. I haven't shot them that much yet. Right now Classic shows to have the p-64 but J&G and Widerners do not! Looks like things might be getting tough to find! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Thanks Gunfreak25, I just got off the phone and ordered one. I had renewed the new C&R and emailed it to them and the website wouldn't let more order online because I guess it had not been put in the system yet. They haven't been answering the phone for a few days but are answering them now.

Yesterday I was out back with the wife trying to pick a pistol for her to take the CHL test with. We skipped over the revolvers (I wanted her to get the SA designation so she could carry anything), M 1911, 44 magnum (too strong), PPS 43C and M92PV, TOK'S and .22's (they consider them too small, minimum is a .32) so we were left with a P 38, P-1, P-64 and CZ-82 for her to shoot and see how she liked them. She liked the P-64 the best.

So since that seems to be destined for her carry pistol :) I ordered up another one. Thanks for letting me know Classic had those in again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Everything I had ordered has came in and I think I have them all paid for so I might order another p 64. I gotta quit this stuff, seems I allways gotta have something on the way! What am I going to do with all of them? I don't know but I love all my guns! :lol: I did order another from Classic. :D

Last edited by stovepipe on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.