http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

REMOVE UGLY SAFETY AND FILLED WITH TWO STEEL PLUG ON BOTH SIDES LOOK REAL NICE

Last edited by dtgunner on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:05 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

both sides?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:22 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

a little more info please on how you did it.. did u use loctite? what size plugs? and a suggestin, you can get original military ploish grips cheap and replace the left panel. it''ll cover most of the groove cut in the frame.
your pistol was imported by the guys i wanted to get mine from. i had to settle on a century. sttill nice, but not as nice as the early imports...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:29 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Interesting, pretty good job of it, hard to notice there was once a safety there at first glass.

I thought the Polish Tokarevs had a safety towards the hammer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

BEING A MACHINIST THIS IS VERY EASY FOR ME, JUST REMOVE THE E-CLIP TAKE THE SAFETY OUT, MEASURE THE HOLES WITH A CALIBER, MEASURE ON MY TOK ARE .186" ON LEFT AND .180" ON RIGHT, I TURN 2 PLUGS ON THE MANUAL LATHE WITH SIZE LARGER .001" (.187" AND .181") AND LONG ABOUT .230" , USE A C-CLAMP TO PIN THEM INTO THE HOLES. DONE.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Good job! Kind of worthless safety on these. Can't figure how to get it to work on mine. They ruined (cut a notch) the plastic grip on mine, putting the unusable safety on. Does the Yugo one have this added on safety?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:? :? :? :? :? My solution ....replace the cheep after market grips with original Polish grips and just leave it. #-o #-o #-o A nonfunctional safety and you are back to the half cock and a some what original Polish look. :tounge: :tounge: :tounge: Except for that Fed mandated stupid safety lever.

Quote:
Does the Yugo one have this added on safety?

The Yugo safety is in a better spot that saves the original grips and actually functions smooth.

I also put original grips back on a 1947 Polish Tok see:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=87255&hilit=+polish+tokarev

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:24 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

dtgunner wrote:
BEING A MACHINIST THIS IS VERY EASY FOR ME, JUST REMOVE THE E-CLIP TAKE THE SAFETY OUT, MEASURE THE HOLES WITH A CALIBER, MEASURE ON MY TOK ARE .186" ON LEFT AND .180" ON RIGHT, I TURN 2 PLUGS ON THE MANUAL LATHE WITH SIZE LARGER .001" (.187" AND .181") AND LONG ABOUT .230" , USE A C-CLAMP TO PIN THEM INTO THE HOLES. DONE.

thanks, i know a guy who can do this as he has access to the tools.. Q: i'd use the c clampone at a time on the plugs.?? first one, then the other?? thanks again...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:17 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

YOU 'RE RIGHT, ONE SIDE THEN THE OTHER, FIELD STRIPE YOUR TOK BEFORE DO THAT, USE SOME THING TO COVER WHERE THE CLAMP TOUCH TO PREVET FROM SCRATCHING THE FRAME, YOU NEED 2 PLUGS NOT 1 LONG PIN, 1ST BECAUSE 2 HOLES NOT THE SAME SIZE, 2ND DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH TRIGER CLEARANCE, 3RD IN SOME CASES THE LONG PIN MIGHT TOUCH THE MAGAZINE PREVENT IT FROM DROPPING FREE AS YOU CAN SEE WHEN YOU TAKE THE SAFETY OUT, MANY PEPOPLES ENCOUNTER THIS PROBLEM ON THIS FORUM. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:10 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

thanks again. i'm very familar with the Tokarev. my first gun was a russian tokarev my dad gave me when i was 6. he got it in korea. no firing pin when i got it, but i took care of that in 85. runs fine. been adding to my tokarev collection in the past couple years as the imports turned up.
i look forward to trying your plug method. i had been considering a screw and bolt method.. but that would sttill leave the hex heaf, or screw slot visable. the plugs would have no such issue..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Polish M-48 TT-33 Tokarev, some new up-date photos with classic grips, thinking for sale.