http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Alex C wrote:
If we're dipping into TV shows and movies, then watch a Sci-Fi (or Sy-Fy as they call it nowerdays) channel movie. Many of them have AK's dressed up as M16's. They look as terrible as the SFX :lol:

But not nearly as barbaric as StG-44s dressed as M16s.
:(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:54 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Masamunect wrote:
Alex C wrote:
If we're dipping into TV shows and movies, then watch a Sci-Fi (or Sy-Fy as they call it nowerdays) channel movie. Many of them have AK's dressed up as M16's. They look as terrible as the SFX :lol:

:O WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE? WHY??????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:21 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

ConorVictor wrote:
Masamunect wrote:
Alex C wrote:

:O WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE? WHY??????

It was some Cold War era Russian movie, the bad guys were 'modern day pirates' and had US weapons for some reason.
I think it was from the 80s or so, I can't remember the title.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Masamunect wrote:
ConorVictor wrote:
Masamunect wrote:
It was some Cold War era Russian movie, the bad guys were 'modern day pirates' and had US weapons for some reason.
I think it was from the 80s or so, I can't remember the title.

lol... oh them soviets...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:40 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

One of the early Vietnam era war movies (Boys in Company C ?) used Garand rifles converted to look like M14 rifles. Back then M14 rifles were not easily found on the civilian market due to full auto capability, and M14 clones had not yet been produced. Garands on the other hand were a common item in prop gun warehouses.
One of the actors mentioned that these prop garands had a fake magazine, they still used the enbloc clip so in battle scenes no one fired more than seven rounds of blanks they then cut away to hand the rifle to a prop man to be reloaded.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:56 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Any gun in COD 4 to MW3, please I wanna see someone actually get hit 3 times by a 7.62 and keep coming at me. If they did I'd nod and let them take me lol.

As For Most realistic,
WW2
Red Orchestra 1 & 2

Modern
ARMA 2 by far!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I've been playing BF1942 a lot recently (see my other post...), and man... that game never fails to mangle something firearm related.

Russians using a No 4 sniper?
US soldiers get Garands in the Pacific, but No 4s in the ETO?

The only Japanese gun that I like, is their knock-off magazine fed Garand... atleast it has a mum on the reciever... that's something close to accurate.

They pretty much got the Germans everything they needed.... Stg 44s in every battle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

In the original CounterStrike game, you charge the M4 by pulling the forward assist to the rear. It always reminded me of starting a lawn mower.

Its usually the mechanics or shapes of guns that bothers me, no so much that 5.56rifleA does more damage than 7.62rifleB. A certain level of physics has to be sacrificed in order to make good/balanced game play. The only things that really bother me in that regard are heavy machine guns like the M2. The .50 cal's mounted to tanks and humvees in BF3 should be pink misting people, instead they take a couple hits and then dive behind a tree to take cover. :roll:

Also I like to play the single player stories in CoD just to see how ridiculous they get. Case in point, first mission of MW3 the entire russian armada parks withing hand grenade range of NYC. Should they really be surprised that someone swam out to their IBCM sub and proceeded to destroy everything with it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

The amount of recoil in Red Orchestra that the Mkb 42 has. It has way to much muzzle climb.

And by the way I love Red Orchestra 2! I prefer the Bolt Action Rifles the most.