Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Winter .22 Postal Contest.

AMraider
United States of America

Winter .22 Postal Contest.

#1 Post by AMraider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:24 am

I thought a .22 rifle contest might bring in some more shooters. Depending on submitted entries this may run until spring. Any .22 rifle is fine. There are 3 categories. Scoped at 25 and 50 yards. Open/peep at 25 yards. You may use the same rifle every week.

1. .22 Rifles.

2. Any sights.

3. 25 and 50 yard scoped. 25 yard open/peep sights.

4. You may submit up to one target per category a week by Sunday evening. Each target must be scanned/photographed with annotations.

5. Winner to be announced TBD.

Course of Fire:

Your record shots will consist of 10 shots at the target which should be printed on a sheet of 8.5"x11" white paper. For your printer settings, make sure that you "size to fit" the target to letter-size paper.

You only get ONE record target, so make sure your shots are good ones.

You may take an unlimited number of sighters at any target other than your record target.

Use the SRF Target 2014. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/downlo ... hp?id=3061
Last edited by AMraider on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AMraider
United States of America

Re: Winter .22 Postal Contest.

#2 Post by AMraider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:46 am

This is a recently acquired Winchester Model 69a. I added a Weaver K6 scope with a post reticle. It spent most of its life in a barn or garage. There was not much finish left on the stock and the metal has quite a bit of surface rust. I found some Winchester stain and did a novice refinish. The metal I just used steelwool to lightly remove the rust then oiled. I have not decided if I should go further on the restoration so I am just going to shoot it for the time being.
22nov11.jpg
IMG_0947.JPG
jeff

OLd_Sarg
United States of America

#3 Post by OLd_Sarg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 am

sounds like good fun,
I may get out for this once in a while, but the weather is notoriously crappy this time of year.

Jeff for cleaning the rust and retaining the bluing get some "big 45 frontier metal cleaner" this stuff is the best product I have ever seen and it works great for getting lead out of handgun barrels.

on a side note,
I do miss shooting in the winter, we had an indoor range but sadly the building was torn down.

jones0430
United States of America

#4 Post by jones0430 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am

Ah for the days when you could shoot in the snow. Bastogne, ‘44.

:D

OLd_Sarg
United States of America

#5 Post by OLd_Sarg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 pm

nutz I shot this on the wrong target, had a few min after work, getting dark and windy and I though YES then looked at the rules and... NOPE! :roll:

oh well maybe I can get back out soon.

Oh ya 25yd open sights my old walnut 10-22 with peeps

AMraider
United States of America

#6 Post by AMraider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Second attempt with the Winchester. Really strong crosswinds at my shooting position but much calmer at the target stand. I really like this rifle!

Old Sarge...I will try to find some Big 45 cleaner. The rust is coming back already. That is a great target you shot BTW. Feel free to lay the current target over the one you shot and score it that way.

jeff

22nov30.jpg

Return to “Shooting Events, Ranges and Locations”