Post subject: disregard
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

disregard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Just found out about these pistols a couple of days ago because of this thread. So then I started looking for places that sell them and had them in stock, was not having any luck until this mornings search turned up that Classic Arms have them in stock. Ordered one on the M57's 7.62x25 cal.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/hand-guns/zastava-m57 $299.99

http://www.classicfirearms.com/hand-guns/zastava-m70a $249.99

Thanks for helping me send money that I should not be spending.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Saw these pistols yesterday--they are blued, not parked, and appear to be of good quality. Having them available in 9mm is a plus--cheaper ammo.

Having a "new" Tok available is neat!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:50 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Ordered one of the 9mm models from Classic Firearms several days ago when it was in stock. Just got notified that it's on the way! I already have the Polish version which appears to be brand new! Was made in 1952, but the internals and externals look like the gun was never issued. Not a scratch, scuff, or ding on it! It's beautiful! I paid the extra $10.00 for hand select and it was well worth it! Can't wait to compare it to the new version. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I received mine today from Century. I'm quite pleased with it. I'll try to get to the range with it this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

SwingingSniper wrote:
I received mine today from Century. I'm quite pleased with it. I'll try to get to the range with it this weekend.

Very impressive! Both Century and Classic have them for the same price. Don't know about shipping prices though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I purchased one from J & G Sales. It arrived last week, as looks like the picture above. Very nicely finished, with a reasonable modern safety. I can't wait to shoot it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

scubaguy10 wrote:
I purchased one from J & G Sales. It arrived last week, as looks like the picture above. Very nicely finished, with a reasonable modern safety. I can't wait to shoot it.

How many magazines did they send you? They usually keep one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Nevada Hudson wrote:
scubaguy10 wrote:

How many magazines did they send you? They usually keep one.

From what I've seen, even on gun broker, they are shipped with 2 mags.. I read on gunboards century said they'd have extra 9 mm mags sold separately ..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:51 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Mine came in a cardboard box with 2 mags. I have shot it (briefly) and it shoots well, functions perfectly. The trigger is a little rough, typical military trigger. Any tips on smoothing up the trigger pull? The trigger return spring seems much stronger than necessary, for starters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I have shot my M70A a couple of time so far, with mixed results. The functionality is perfect, but trigger pull is quite rough and high effort and that adversely affects accuracy.

So far I have detail stripped it and looked carefully at the trigger group. I polished the sides of the trigger, gave the trigger return spring a tweak and that seems to have reduced the trigger pull somewhat. I then detail stripped the trigger group and polished everything, then reassembled. Trigger is smoother but still heavy and creepy.

I'll try shooting it some more, but it clearly needs some more work. The trigger/sear engagement needs reduced, and probably the hammer spring needs a turn or 2 cut out of it. Definitely a work in progress, but worth the effort.

BTW, I also have a Romanian TT33. The wife and I shot it this past weekend, and I was pleased with the accuracy it delivered. That gun was purchased as surplus, but appeared new. I have now put about 200 rounds through it and it seems to be breaking in nicely. Very good accuracy at 25 yards, and a pretty crisp trigger. The noise scared the wife though...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

scubaguy10 wrote:
I have shot my M70A a couple of time so far, with mixed results. The functionality is perfect, but trigger pull is quite rough and high effort and that adversely affects accuracy.

So far I have detail stripped it and looked carefully at the trigger group. I polished the sides of the trigger, gave the trigger return spring a tweak and that seems to have reduced the trigger pull somewhat. I then detail stripped the trigger group and polished everything, then reassembled. Trigger is smoother but still heavy and creepy.

I'll try shooting it some more, but it clearly needs some more work. The trigger/sear engagement needs reduced, and probably the hammer spring needs a turn or 2 cut out of it. Definitely a work in progress, but worth the effort.

BTW, I also have a Romanian TT33. The wife and I shot it this past weekend, and I was pleased with the accuracy it delivered. That gun was purchased as surplus, but appeared new. I have now put about 200 rounds through it and it seems to be breaking in nicely. Very good accuracy at 25 yards, and a pretty crisp trigger. The noise scared the wife though...

Yea, my dad got one from aim surplus. Like new condition. What kind of ammo did you shoot that was so accurate? My polish and Yugoslav tt33 are both very nice aswell. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:45 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I got mine from J & G, the trigger was terrible. Sometimes it would not function. I traced it to the magazine disconnect, if I put a toothpick underneath it with the grips off it would dry fire fine every time. I ended up knocking the rivet out for the disconnect and removing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:23 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Anybody thought of taking these new tokarev frames and mating them to the old M57 slide assembly? To me it would be a way of getting an unmolested Yugo M57, not the cheapest though. But if you got a old M57 that needs refinishing anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:57 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

egs89 wrote:
Anybody thought of taking these new tokarev frames and mating them to the old M57 slide assembly? To me it would be a way of getting an unmolested Yugo M57, not the cheapest though. But if you got a old M57 that needs refinishing anyway.

My hybrid build.
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=123387
I've found that every part is interchangeable. But I've yet to fire it.
A note to guys on the trigger pull. It gets better with use. I put a used Yugoslavia m57 hammer pack in my build. The trigger pull is sweet.