http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:53 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I recently purchased a Yugo M57 Tokarev style pistol that was loaded with cosmoline. I cleaned the pistol but was unable to clean the inside of the mags as I could not figure how to disassemble them.

Does any one know the trick to take these mags apart, or the best way to clean the cosmo out without disassembling them.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:07 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I sprayed mine out with carb cleaner then air.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Easy, there is a small notch at the rounded end of the mag, (Serial # on back flat side on mag) it has a rectangular peg /pin in it. This flat plate with the L shaped pin holds the base plate on. Simply push down on the pin in the notch and slide the base plate over the pin and off the magazine body. But hold onto it #-o #-o because the flate lock plate and spring will shoot across the room. :snooty: :snooty: Be sure to notice how the spring fits under the follower so you get it back together correctly.

:clap: Or use the jarhead method: soak the mag in gas then blow it out clean with a spray can of brake cleaner. The little red straw directs the spray right into hard to get to areas.
MORE IMPORTANT did you clean the firing pin chamber, spring, and pin on that Tokarev???Now that is a dog to get back together. :shhh:

See mag base photo and firing pin photos:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=79377

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thank you for your help, and 72 usmc you aren't kidding about that firing being a pain, that thing was infuriating.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:25 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

These are dishwasher safe...put the gun and mags and little cleaning rod in the dishwasher, turn off the heat dry and let it go.

then take apart, dry and oil...your good to go!

Snotsucker

"Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

NRA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

i took one of my mags apart and cant really figure out hot to get taht lock plate thing back together.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:56 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:think: :think: :think: THIS SHOULD DO YA. SEMPER FI :tounge:

SEE NOTCH WITH PIN IN IT TOWARD THE FRONT OF THE MAG

PUSH THE PIN IN THE HOLE --IN/ DOWN AND SLIDE THE BASE PLATE OFF

SEE- PIN IS DOWN IN THE SLOT AND THE BASE COVER IS SLIDING OFF
THE COVER IS SLID BACK TOWARD THE FRONT OF THE MAGAZINE

VIEW OF LOCK PLATE AND PIN

TO REASSEMBLE, SET THE LOCK PLATE DOWN OVER THE SPRING AS SHOWN IN THE ABOVE PHOTO AND START TO SLIDE THE BASE PLATE BACK OVER THE LOCK PLATE

SLIDE IT TO THE REAR OF THE MAG

NOTE- THE PIN MAY NOT SET IN PLACE INTO THE NOTCH AFTER THE BASE PLATE IS SLIDE BACK ON. YOU MAY NEED TO HIT THE FRONT OF THE MAGAZINE ON YOUR PALM OR EDGE OF A TABLE SO THAT THE LOCK PLATE PIN POPS INTO PLACE. GIVE IT A GOOD THUMP.

VIEW OF LOCK PIN IN THE NOTCH AND CORRECT POSITION OF BASE PLATE LOCKED DOWN BY THE LOCK PLATE PIN.

BE SURE TO POLISH THE FRONT EDGES OF THE FOLLOWER AND CURVE ON THE MAG BODY FOR SMOOTH OPERATION. BELOW PHOTO IS THE UNPOLISHED VIEW:

Polished edges

Here are all the parts and there order
close up of the spring position