http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holster for Zastava M-57
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Does anyone know of a source for a Kydex holster made to fit my M-57? I have just ordered 500 cases from Starline and intend to do some serious shooting .The holster that arrived with the pistol from Wideners leaves a lot to be desired and it is not suitable for every day use.

C & R

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Not sure about the holster, although I would start by looking at 1911 or BHP holsters for a close match. The thinness of the Tokarev design will be the hardest part to match. The original holster is great for keeping the pistol clean while crawling around in mud and rain. Doesn't conceal so well though...

If you do plan on carrying the M57, be aware that it does not use an inertial firing pin like many modern designs. That is to say, placing the hammer down on a loaded chamber will have the hammer pressing the firing pin directly into the primer! :shock: No way would I trust the add-on safety that the BATFE required the importers to put in there either. The half-cock notch is the only way to even think about carrying these pistols with a round in the chamber...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:58 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

lj1941 wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for a Kydex holster made to fit my M-57?

Why not buy some Kydex and try making one? I picked up some small sheet of Kydex to experiment with - so all I can tell you is that it's not really expensive or anything. I plan to use my $10 Harbor Freight heat gun to mold it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:05 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

When did you get your M57 from Wideners and what kind of condition is it in? Mine had a surprising amount of corrosion on it. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I bought both of my M57's from J&G and I was very pleased. I bought one "very good" ($199) and one of the "good" ($179) versions and the one looked like it was nearly new and the other had maybe 3-400 rounds or so through it. Both holsters arrived looking trashed and moldy, but eventually cleaned up and look decent after dyeing them black.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I don't know we're some folks think that the yugo's have a batfe approved safety attached it was a designed with pistol, as for holster I'm in agreement with belt slides, the one I got for a smith 45-06 seemed to work it was made by don Hume , but haven't see the model being made any more, it's more of a high ride, with opening for speed draw, the smith was one big gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:03 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Here is what I bought to carry my M57 around. It is very comfortable and inexpensive.
BRAND NEW tactical Horizontal Shoulder Holster (about half way down the list);
http://www.tickbitesupply.com/tac.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 am 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

I wound up getting a "Yaqui style" holster on discount due to the color being a bit "off" ->

http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-87/YAQUI-Style-Leather-Belt/Detail

It works perfect and is priced right!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I carry mine in an Adams LeatherWorks high-ride pancake holster made for a Colt Officer's model [If I recall correctly]...I specified 3" barrel length, as I like my slides to stick out of the holster bottom [don't ask]... :mrgreen:

He has a waiting list but it's worth it (prices are reasonable)...I have a 2nd holster on order right now... :thumb:

Edit: 2nd holster arrived...Left hand, as my right hand has only 90% mobility now...

Shown with Star BM [9mm] and Zastava M57...

Attachments:
adams.jpg
adams.jpg [ 77.3 KiB | Viewed 1780 times ]
RnL_holsters.jpg
RnL_holsters.jpg [ 87.18 KiB | Viewed 1780 times ]