http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Navy Arms TU-90
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:23 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Just put one of these on layaway at the local pawn shop. Its a Navy Arms TU-90 chambered in 7.62x25 . I recently sold my Romanian Tokarev and I just couldnt help myself when I saw this ChiCom Tokarev sitting there for $150, its in Excellent condition and came with two mags. I promise lots of pics when I go get it next week.

Post subject: Re: Navy Arms TU-90
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

good deal. i remember when they were 150 with 2 barrels and mags. 1 9mm , 1 7.62. never got one. had a russian , couldn't justify buying another. now I have 6, and am building a 7th from parts from around the world.
The chinese tokarevs are not bad guns. i sold several in the early 90's. guys loved them. but they were 9mm and ammo was cheap..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I found a TU-90 at a gun show back in the early 90s. I paid $135 for it at that time and it had a .38 Super barrel. I found a 9mm barrel and shoot it with that, using a couple of Hungarian M48 9mm magazines. I have never been able to find out much about the Navy Arms TU-90s other than they were sold with 2 barrels, so I guess I got cheated out of the 7.62x25 barrel when I first got the gun. I had inquired about the TU-90 on forums in the past and never got any replies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I ended up selling it at a local show and using the money to buy a Yugo M59

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I have looked at the gun shows for another TU-90 and have never seen one since buying mine yrs. ago. The TU-90 in 9mm is very accurate, similar to the Hungarian M48. My Yugo M57 has sorry accuracy in the 7.62x25. I like the cool "Tokegeypt" grips on the TU-90s.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Picked this one up from Navy Arms quite some time ago. Shoots OK with the 9mm barrel and the 7.62 barrel was a bit better. The 7.62 barrel was pitted and worn and I have always thought a replacement may shoot very well but never got around to finding one. I bought the standard grips at a gun show as I didnt like the Tokagypt ones that came on it. The standard one just seemed to fit my hands better. A good solid pistol with no frills. Carried it on my motorcycle trips for many years.