http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I'm looking for one, does anyone know where to find one. I couldn't find one on their website except for M velocity and energy. I'm mostly interested in bullet trajectory.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government" --G.W.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:38 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmo023.htm

Ballistics on Brown Bear. Same stuff except for the lacquer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Whatever the actual numbers are, its plenty enough for practical applications. I use the softpoints in a M91/30 to deer hunt with and it does fine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:57 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I'm not worried about performance, mostly was wanting the info for sighting in my rifle scope.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government" --G.W.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I don't have an actual ballistics chart, but I don't think this ammo is loaded anywhere near the same as run of the mill surplus. At 50 yards I was getting good groups with it and various makes of surplus through an M38 but the Silver Bear was hitting about 6-8 inches lower, which was about 3-4 inches below the point of aim. I ended up moving the rear sight up to the 400 yard mark to get it to the point of aim at 50 yards. I didn't think the bullet would drop that much more at 100 yards, but I missed two deer at about 75 and I think the shots went low on both of them. I should've tried out some rounds at 100 yards but I'd been shooting for over an hour and there were some people waiting so I assumed it be good enough, and everyone knows what assumptions are, right? :lol: As far as it comparing to Brown Bear, when I've shot that before I was getting groups at pretty much the same place as surplus, so I'm not sure I would agree with Silver Bear being loaded the same.