Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Gripe about package delivery services

vonalt
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Gripe about package delivery services

#1 Post by vonalt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:08 am

Back in September I bought a new pistol and part of the deal was that I would receive a couple of additional magazines, and some ammunition as part of the deal, For the price I paid for the pistol it was a sweetheart of a deal.

Finally I guess they thought I waited long enough and shipped the mags and ammo to me and it arrived yesterday. This was in the afternoon and I heard 2 knocks on my door. I wasn't even 10 feet from the door and by the time I got to the door he was already stepping up into his delivery vehicle. He didn't have the package on him and was reaching for the we were here and you weren't tags they like to stick on your door. I hollered at him at to let him know I was home. He then went to the back of the truck and got my package. As I was signing the scanner saying I received it, I asked him why didn't wait to see if I was at home before he took off. He didn't have an answer just took the scanner from me and left.

This isn't the first time this happened to me with this same service. No it wasn't UPS, it was the other guy. Anyone else ever experience this? Not sure what others think, to me this is lousy customer service. UPS has its problems at times but they are there when I open the door. USPS looks better and better all the time to me.

Rant off.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Re: Gripe about package delivery services

#2 Post by Tommy Atkins » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:50 am

I've had the same experience, left the note but I was home all day & they didn't knock or ring the bell. If they had the dog would have gone ballistic so it not just that I didn't hear a knock.

nrobertb
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#3 Post by nrobertb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 am

Here they put the package on the porch or by the garage door and dash back to the truck. Sometimes they ring the bell and sometimes not.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Consider yourself lucky, many years ago i made the mistake of ordering stuff during the Christmas Rush. An intact with cartouches M1 carbine stock came in a nice box bent like a boomerang. Better yet. insurance said it was poorly packaged, the seller had it inside two cardboard boxes with bubble wrap he said it was the shipper, and the shipper said it was poor packaging. And how about back in the day when Mosin ammo was cheep and I was gone on an archaeological job for the week-- 6 tins of of Mosin ammo sat at the back door for 4 days. Or a TV that sat out for one week inside our apartment but next to my door in the hall for a week at Christmas while we were gone to Mo to see family. DVDs that never arrive, $100 archaeological research books that do not arrive and on and on... so consider yourself a lucky fellow. Time is money and those packages come crushed, bent and split open. And now-a-days kids steal packages left outside, they do not even care what is in them?
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

sowbelle
United States of America

#5 Post by sowbelle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:31 pm

We had one deliver to the shop. We went to the van the guy flung the door open some packages fell out on the ground. Driver just tossed them back into the van. He climbed in kicking boxes out of the way as our box was way at the other end of the truck. Lets just say he was petty reckless with packages. As he closed the door a box was under the door as i came crashing down. He cussed and threw it in the van.
The entire episode was eye opening. 😳😳

vonalt
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

#6 Post by vonalt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:35 pm

"so consider yourself a lucky fellow" - 72 USMC

Heh I guess I can. Read a story on line this morning, I think happened in Sacramento. Amazon delivery driver left the package on the front porch and a little something else in the front yard. Homeowner's video security system caught it.

destrukto
United States of America

#7 Post by destrukto » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 pm

A lot of it has to do with the fact that while this line of work pays reasonably well, nobody wants to to put in any effort.. We pay our package handlers $12/hour with benefits and we go through them like I change my socks because it's hard work and nobody's willing to do it.. Good help is hard to find these days

Return to “General Off Topic”