Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Political correctness?

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Political correctness?

#16 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 am

it is a snappy song, but this song beats that by a mile :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-Rhuc7PyU

BTW, dixie was written by a Ohioan by the name of Dan Emmett, he also wrote "turkey in the straw"
Last edited by Ghoulardi on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

fafenman
United States of America

#17 Post by fafenman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 am

Political Correctness is way out of control. Has been for years
Does anybody whine about the English,Japanese or Mexican flags flying all over our country? How many thousands died fighting against those flags? Now these countries are our Allies, neighbors and business partners.
Has anyone thought about the K98, SKS, AK47, and Arisaka rifles we all like to play with on Memorial Day, while standing at a ceremony in a VA Cemetery? How many American lives were lost fighting those weapons?
So why the anger over a flag. A flag that was flown by our own countryman, neighbors and business partners?
Have we reconciled and forgiven foreign countries over the transgressions of those conflicts but not our own fellow Americans?
I have family members who fought for the Union Army in the Civil War, one was at Little RoundTop. I have family members who have married into families from the south, who had family members who fought for the Confederacy. Each families forefathers did what they believed was right. Nobody has any problems with the other.
It has been over 150 years and time to get over a flag or statue.

luigi
United States of America

#18 Post by luigi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:31 am

fafenman wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 am
Political Correctness is way out of control. Has been for years
Does anybody whine about the English,Japanese or Mexican flags flying all over our country? How many thousands died fighting against those flags? Now these countries are our Allies, neighbors and business partners.
Has anyone thought about the K98, SKS, AK47, and Arisaka rifles we all like to play with on Memorial Day, while standing at a ceremony in a VA Cemetery? How many American lives were lost fighting those weapons?
So why the anger over a flag. A flag that was flown by our own countryman, neighbors and business partners?
Have we reconciled and forgiven foreign countries over the transgressions of those conflicts but not our own fellow Americans?
I have family members who fought for the Union Army in the Civil War, one was at Little RoundTop. I have family members who have married into families from the south, who had family members who fought for the Confederacy. Each families forefathers did what they believed was right. Nobody has any problems with the other.
It has been over 150 years and time to get over a flag or statue.
I wish we had a Thank Button. WELL SAID!

Hammerdown
United States of America

#19 Post by Hammerdown » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 pm

The Nazi party had hundreds of thousands of member before WW2 in this country and some went back to Germany to fight with them. Should we fly the Nazi flag at our local, state and federal buildings? After all it is our history.
Captain Obvious, you have never failed me!

capt14k
United States of America

#20 Post by capt14k » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Hammerdown wrote:The Nazi party had hundreds of thousands of member before WW2 in this country and some went back to Germany to fight with them. Should we fly the Nazi flag at our local, state and federal buildings? After all it is our history.
Apples and oranges. Nazi flag never was the flag of either side nor any state.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hammerdown
United States of America

#21 Post by Hammerdown » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 pm

capt14k wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 pm
Hammerdown wrote:The Nazi party had hundreds of thousands of member before WW2 in this country and some went back to Germany to fight with them. Should we fly the Nazi flag at our local, state and federal buildings? After all it is our history.
Apples and oranges. Nazi flag never was the flag of either side nor any state.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Its the battle flag of the CSA army and navy. Never a state or nation of the CSA.
Captain Obvious, you have never failed me!

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

#22 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:59 pm

I fly that flag within 500 meters of the sandbags set up by my window and triple dog dare any jack booted deep state nazi to try take it down.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

Return to “General Off Topic”