http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:19 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Dakota Mauser 98 Bolt Shroud with 3 Position Safety Steel in the White

Fully machined shroud features a Model 70 Style 3-Position Safety that keeps all of the gas-deflecting advantages of the Mauser shroud. Steel in the white, this shroud requires gunsmith installation.
Anyone know if this style will work on a yugo m48 bolt?,i have a m48 action i'm going to turn into a 308 target rifle ,i like this style of safety ,being a lefty shooter the saftey seems like it will work better for me ,any info would be great ,thanks,Eric

Apollo Firearms: viewforum.php?f=210

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I don't see why not. The Yugo action and thus triggerguard and bolt body is a bit shorter, but all other parts, including bolt shroud, cocking piece, and safety interchange with standard 98 parts.

Then said Jesus unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. - Luke 22:36

Remember: June 27 is 2nd Amendment Day June 27-July 4 is Freedom Week

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:26 am 

I agree with jardows. The M48 shroud and full length '98 shrouds are interchangeable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:29 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Good didnt want to buy it and have to send it back ,plus a good working safety for a lefthander.

Apollo Firearms: viewforum.php?f=210

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:52 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

The Gentry version of this safety does NOT fit the M-48, I tried. In order to fit, it needs to slip about 1/16" farther down the firing pin. I could grind a little off the back but I don't want to mess up an expensive part. I bought the Gentry because that was all that was in stock at the time. It does fit a standard bolt fine.

If the Dakota works on the M-48, please report back. I really like this style safety.