http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:18 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I just got my copy published by Mowbray Publishers. The book is huge: The M1 Garand Rifle 2013 is by Bruce Canfield and costs $95.99. Yep, big$$, and after you see its 5 pounds of info. (it is 2 inches thick) covering the complete story of the M1 in 872 pages you will wonder why they sell it so cheep. ISBN is 0-931464-56-1 .
It's just a monumental work. And I can see this going out of print somewhat soon. It reminds me of the first edition of the Backbone of the Wehrmacht when it went out of print. If you own one book on the M1 this is it. =D> I am just starting to read it. High quality paper and both color and black & white photos. Binding is hardcover with a strongly done spine. Like the M1, it's printed to last. A remarkable reference- it's unbelievable. It's just nuts to think about the effort that went into this book, I have no idea of the time at research and then writing that Mr Canfield put into his BIBLE on the M1 Garand. :doh: THIS IS A PRIMARY REFERENCE :D

I can not even begin to list all that it covers; research & development, the rifle, the makers, the history at different factories and operations, sniper versions, its combat use, WW II rifles & post war rifles, korean war rifles, national match M1s, accessories, accouterments, and related weaponry, tables, charts, and so many photos to demonstrate examples.

http://www.brucecanfield.com/m1-garand-rifle.html
see http://www.gunandswordcollector.com/Tem ... arand.html

If you own an M1 you best buy this book ASAP, you will not be disappointed. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: =D> =D> :dance: :dance: :dance: If you want to read and learn about an M1, this is the book to read, if you are knowledgeable about the M1 this is the book you will enjoy, if you are an expert collector, I bet there is lots of info. to gain from this reference.
And it's a steal at that price.

Last edited by 72 usmc on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:13 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Just ordered mine :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:06 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Thanks. I wanted to make sure at that price I could get an autographed copy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:49 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

What is a "grand?"

:lol: :whistle:

Not remembering anything between the time of purchase till sitting at home with the weapon in hand,
a mad female,
and an influx of ammo purchases.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

This book is BIG! Like phone book big. White and Yellow pages.

I read Hatcher's Notebook as an appetizer.
I read The Black Rifle for lunch.
I read War Baby I & II in one sitting.

Canfield's new book scares me it's so big and detailed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:22 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Quote:
What is a "grand?"

Opps, never was much for typing, read right over that one. :shhh: :shhh:
Correction made thanks :mrgreen: :teasing-dunce: :teasing-dunce: :teasing-dunce:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

It really is a good book and naturally some have found a few mistake. This is to be expected when the book is this large. Even on the pages I authored the GAW stamp is missing but I have the original before it went to publisher and it is there. For some reason it blew the GAW picture on page 804 up and just shows the area above the GAW stamp. Happened from the printer or transfer. This was one of the largest task's for Bruce to take on but he got it done :) Rick B