Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Buying and selling

Forum for rifles not listed
xring3
United States of America

Buying and selling

#1 Post by xring3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 pm

It seems to me the same person when looking at a rifle will approach it in 2 different ways. If they are the buyer they will point out every scratch and ding to berate it to the seller. If they are the seller of the same rifle they will extoll the historic significance of every scratch and ding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think my last words are going to be.....hold my beer and watch this.

vandle
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
Australia

Re: Buying and selling

#2 Post by vandle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 pm

so true
Life is tough, tougher if your stupid

hardcore
United States of America

#3 Post by hardcore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:22 am

i am a great buyer, terrible seller.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:26 am

Anytime you want to sell stuff, its junk ( you are lucky if you get 50 % of value) , but if you want to buy -- it's gold. Take a rifle to a dealer, pawn shop,
or antique store and see what they offer. :violin: :violin: :violin: It has to generally be person to person trade/sale at a price where the seller is not getting a top nuts price, nor the buyer getting it dirt cheep. Sort of a better deal to both. Seller gets a better price than a dealer would offer and the buyer getting it cheeper than a store/dealer price. I found it is best just to pass stuff on free or in trade to friends-- you can not take it with you.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Reverend Mauser
United States of America

#5 Post by Reverend Mauser » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:55 am

It's crucial to know the gun involved, as well as the "going rate."

Also, it helps to know the profit margin a dealer will be likely to get if he takes the gun in on a trade.

Something I've noticed from prowling around gun shows: I sometimes put a rifle on my shoulder just to see what someone in the crowds offer. More than once, I've had a dealer ask about the gun, and nod in approval the price I was looking to get. They know a fair and reasonable price.

This is a good for negotiations. The two of you have already reached an agreement about the gun's fair value. You can ask what he might offer if you do decide to get rid of the gun, and see what others might offer as well.

Return to “Military Bolt Action Rifle General Topics”