Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

VIETNAM

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

VIETNAM

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 am

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Then in late 67 I went to Vietnam...the pic is me in front of my two homes, just the second row of Hootches in from the Dog Patch gate at DaNang AB, where I spent the night in the bunker the first night of TET 68...the front lines were 50 yards off to the left. With constant small arms fire from Mid night to 8 in the morning. And then about 3 days into TET a rocket hit the Small Arms ammo dump and our work place was just across a 20 foot road from the Dump - the fire in the bottom pic. If anyone was there at the time, they will remember the, "Hot time in the ole town that night". There were just a small bunch, 100 or so marines between the VC and us in the bunker. And then later a rocket hit about 50 feet behind the Hootch.
Visualize this, ground fire coming in in complete darkness, and we are scrambling to get into the bunker and after you get in you know very well that there are snakes that may have gotten in there first...and they are not the Garter Snake type.
I took that bike with me to Vietnam on the plane and brought it back with me on the plane.

Oh shoot, double photos again, and I can't get rid of one.

sowbelle
United States of America

Re: VIETNAM

#2 Post by sowbelle » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:53 am

I hate snakes😠😠
Thanks for sharing pics and story
Thanks for your service

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”