http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I was at a local auction tonight, and ended up buying 4 BB guns(various makes and models) for $24.

The one Crosman bb gun was bothering me because it looked really familiar, but I really didn't get to looking at it until I got home. I was trying to figure out how it was cocked, and got looking at it and it says M1 Carbine at the end of the barrel.

Don't get me wrong the plastic stock is broken in 2, it's missing the hand guard, and it's also missing the bb box/magazine.

I just thought it was cool that Crosman made a bb gun That looked like an M1 carbine.

I'd love to find the rest of the parts to put it bake into commission, and it does cock, and fire.

I found out you cock it by pulling the barrel back, or as I'm sure the original owners probably put the end of the barrel against something and pushed it down to cock it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I got to looking at the other BB guns, and another crosman BB gun a model V-350 was there also. The V-350 and M1 carbine BB gun are basically the same in design, with the exception of the stocks, sights, and other little things.

I had to take the M1 styled on apart and cut the end of the barrel down a little in the lathe, as I couldn't get the front sight to slide over the end of the barrel. It was mushroomed over because they put the end of the barrel against things to cock it. It actually turned out pretty nice and has about a .010thousandths step from where I turned it down. I brought the step to just in front of the front sight.

The V-350 has been semi Bubba'd with a gray paint over everything.

I'm going to rebuild both guns the best I can, and possibly give them to my nephews when they are old enough, and if their parents will allow them to have them.

I've got to take a bunch of pictures of the projects I have going, and will try to include these in with them.

Post subject: ...Crossman M1...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:41 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

....I had one of the original ones with the WOOD stock-not the plastic-got it in 65'....first year I think they made them...the next year was also wood stock,then they went plastic.The one I had was all intact-only few minor stock dings-but the seals had started failing,and it would only shoot 15 or so feet;.........sold it to a collectore a few years back....I honed my shootin' skills with it...I used to take a pice of greasy baloney and smear a paper plate with it-then prop it up and wait for the flies to land on it-then shoot 'em.....so gratifying to see the hole with fly splatter around it... :lol: ...when I cocked it sitting I ususally held the butt in my thigh-prone I just held the grip and pushed the barrel in-never had any problems.....I actually miss it some days... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I had one of the plastic stock ones back in the early 70's. It was pretty nice, until I couldn't get it to cock anymore and that was after 3 days of heavy use right after I got it. I took it back to the "Western Auto" store (remember those?) where I got it and wanted to exchange it, but they didn't have anymore. I ended up getting my money back. I really liked it too! I never saw anymore for sale anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:22 pm 
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

13bravo wrote:
I was at a local auction tonight, and ended up buying 4 BB guns(various makes and models) for $24.

The one Crosman bb gun was bothering me because it looked really familiar, but I really didn't get to looking at it until I got home. I was trying to figure out how it was cocked, and got looking at it and it says M1 Carbine at the end of the barrel.

Don't get me wrong the plastic stock is broken in 2, it's missing the hand guard, and it's also missing the bb box/magazine.

I just thought it was cool that Crosman made a bb gun That looked like an M1 carbine.

I'd love to find the rest of the parts to put it bake into commission, and it does cock, and fire.

I found out you cock it by pulling the barrel back, or as I'm sure the original owners probably put the end of the barrel against something and pushed it down to cock it.

Contact Crossman, they may be able to help you get the replacement parts you need.

http://www.crosman.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:15 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I have one that is complete(plastic).you could try to make a stack out of wood but goodluck with the mag.Those mags go for as much as the gun itself.still,they are nifty guns and I wouldnt pass one up in any condition if its price is right.You seemed to do good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:21 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Telling the truth I really didn't look at the guns before hand, and only wanted to get a cheap plinker to refinish and give to one of my nephews, of which there is a decent little Daisy springer that needs to be stripped a little and be repainted. Someone already put a heavy paint job on the barrel, but amazingly either removed the plastic stock, or covered it to keep the paint off it.

I almost thought it would be cool to see if an actual M1 carbine stock could be made to fit the bb gun, but I got thinking it would be really hard and time consuming, and that would only be if it was basically the same size as the bb gun.

Oh and if you didn't see the pics of the bb guns in my other post(along with my 2 carcano's) here you go.

Click on the images for large view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I got one of those Crosman M-1 carbine bb guns last year. Good price (free). It has the plastic stock & is in good condition. Missing the mag/bb holder. Works good. Nevertheless, it adds to my WW2 rifle collection, along with a Thompson replica.

"Time to nut up or shut up". (Woody Harrelson in Zombieland)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:19 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I'd wait for the price to drop,but there is a wood stock and magazine with it and the bonus is its a full spare parts kit.the rear reciever looks broken but you might be able to fix it with those aluminum welding\soldering rods you see at flea market
I might bid on it if it goes low enough and you arent interested.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=54023703

on the other hand,auto zone has plastic welding solution if you wanted to repair your original stock for $5 and you could fashion an upper handgaurd out of wood cheap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:16 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I've got one of those too! lol. Of coarse, the stock is also broken in half at th same spot on yours! But I do have the mag still though. Hope to get it fixed, but I don't know what to use for the stock(Plastic version).>?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Oh by the way...here's a link for some info... http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/07/ ... -like.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:48 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Yeah I looked at that site, and somewhere on there is a reference to the main site here.

I ended up refinishing the V-350 as seen above with the nasty gray painted stock which was over top a nasty black paint, which was over the original finish.

I re-blued all the metal parts after glass beading the finish off.

I stained the stock with a military walnut red stain I got from SARCO. I then polyurethaned it to make sure it had a durable finish for when one of my nephew's ends up with it.

Let me know what you think of the little thing. I find the stock is quite pretty for a BB gun.

Click on images.